$ S E V E N T E E N $

Recovery
~
February 15th, 2019
Beverly Hills, California
Sixth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

12:32 pm.

I picked up the fourth bag off of the floor before catching up to Lilly and Xavier. Xavier glanced back at me and noticed I was struggling. "You sure you don't need help?" He asked as he watched me with concern.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Pfft, this is my workout." I struggled to lift up the bags and nervously smiled. He raised his eyebrows at me and I sighed in defeat. I lifted one of my arms that was carrying two shopping bags, soon feeling the weight of them off of my hand. "It's my bags, anyway. I should be holding them."

I frowned. "I feel bad," I mumbled.

"We can take turns?" He suggested. "If it makes you feel that bad."

I nodded with a smile before handing him over the other couple of bags I had to which he grabbed with ease. I was not the best when it came to strength in my biceps.

"Hurry up, slow pokes." I heard Lilly chant. I puffed out the air before Xavier and I began jogging lightly up to her.

"I'm in a mood for ice cream." I heard Lilly say. I nodded as something clicked within me to have a strong craving for cookie dough ice cream.

"I want some too," I mumbled before my stomach began to flip upside down. "I feel nauseous again."

Once they heard the words come from my mouth, they quickly found a table in the food court before placing our things down. "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" Xavier asked.

I shook my head. "I just need to sit down," I mumbled.

He immediately pulled out a chair for me to which I sat. I smiled at him as I thanked him. He's been on high alert ever since I threw up for the first time after my nightmare.

"I'll go get the ice cream. Which flavors do you guys want and what toppings?" Lilly asked as Xavier sat across from me with his hands clasped together.

"I'll take cookies and cream," Xavier answered. She glanced at me. "Cookie dough, please," I replied weakly before dropping my head into my arms.

Each day, the vomiting had gotten worse to better then back to square one. It was frustrating and stressful. The only thing that kept me from having a cardiac arrest was to believe it was just a small cold.

I looked up at Xavier who eyes were wandering the food court warily. "I have a question, Xavier."

His eyes shot to mine immediately. "Yeah?"

"Lilly and I are looking into schools for you because we don't want you not wasting your time and your education. In the near future, you might need to choose between New York with me or here with Lilly."

I observed his reaction. He took a deep breath as he processed what I said. "Is that okay?" I asked as I fiddled with my fingers.

Xavier didn't respond. I placed my hand on his arm as I noticed he was shaking nervously. "Hey, it's okay. Why are you nervous?" I asked.