$ F I F T Y • F I V E $

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SENSITIVE TOPICS. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

!IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END!
• • •
A Revelation
~
June 2013
New York, New York
Six Years Ago. . .

Lilly's P.O.V.

Afternoon.

Vera was hysterically crying as Norah was comforting her, all while trying to figure out what the hell happened to her.

I woke up a bit later into the afternoon when I saw dozen of missed calls from Norah and an unknown number, finding out to be Vera.

I remember I left without a word, the girl I hooked up with. She was fast asleep in bed as I fled to Norah's.

It had been one week since the unknown incident, leaving Vera in the dark. She was unaware of what happened to her that night, and a part of her was afraid to find out.

She hadn't seen her boyfriend, Matteo, since the party. She had been calling and texting him nonstop, yet there was no answer. It was as if he disappeared off the face of the planet.

Norah and I were going out of our minds trying to figure what happened to her. There were so many scenarios that could've happened, and some we were afraid to admit.

I was sitting on my bed, scrolling through social media, and ignored my work considering the second semester was ending in a couple of weeks.

My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to send a message to Tania, the one I was interested in. As I hit send, the message wouldn't deliver. I rolled my eyes and huffed, realizing she blocked me thinking we were just a one-night-stand.

As I was checking my homepage, a video had been sent to me. I tapped on the notification which took me to a group chat with more than a few people. My eyebrows furrowed as I saw the thumbnail of the video. I couldn't make out what it was, so I clicked on it.

I gasped, dropping my phone as anger spiked through me. Vera was drugged, out of consciousness as I see a couple of students surrounding her vulnerable body.

I couldn't make out of the guy hovering over her, but I recognized the skull tattoo on his forearm. I grabbed my things before running out of my room. I remembered hearing my mother ask where I was going, but I'd already left.

I couldn't remember what was going through my mind other than trying to figure out why did that happen to Vera. I bit my lip as I frantically called Norah, repeatedly until she picked up.

Her voice seemed groggy as if she was just awakened. Once the words left my lips, her tone came to life.

We agreed to meet at Vera's house, wondering how she was holding up.

I tried calling her as well, but no response. It wasn't too long before I pulled into her driveway though. I rushed inside, heading immediately to her bedroom.

There I saw her on her bed with a bottle of gin and lemonade. Her ocean-blue eyes met mine. I remember feeling chills down my spine as I saw the emptiness in them. She had no emotion, it was blank.