$ T H I R T Y • S E V E N $

Revealed
~
May 23rd, 2019
Manhattan, New York
Nineteenth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

1:27 pm.

       I try to mask my amused expression as Leone and I stared into each other's eyes. He challenged me to stare contest without laughing, and so far, none of us were winning. He pursed his lips before letting out a cough that seemed to cover his chuckle. I gasp as my hands met the table. "I won!" I exclaimed.

"I just coughed!" He attempted. I shook my head before leaning myself closer to him. "But we said any attempt to cover a laugh is considered losing." I justified with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes before his hand cupped my jaw. "I'd be happy to lose to you." He murmured, staring deeply once again. I bite my lip as my cheeks blushed, and he seemed to catch my actions.

He leaned closer, having his lip brush against the corner of my lips, teasing me.

For the past week, Leone and I have been hanging out back-to-back. Since Xavier was hung up with school and his new friends, not that I'm complaining, I'm happy that he's been settling down. My heart aches for him when I recall Xavier's memories. I wasn't sure where the case was going, but it wasn't going in our favor.

As for Lilly, the woman she met at the Gala was occupying her time too, and I was happy for Lilly that she was.

Leone and I having been teasing each other for the past days with our harmless flirts thrown around here and there. It was clear that we were infatuated with each other, but playing games with one another kept the flame alive.

His lips pulled away, leaving his warmth with me.

I attempted to hide my wide grin itching to stretch across my face, but I failed. I let out a breathy chuckle as his eyes were glued to mine. "Stop looking at me like that." I murmured shyly. I brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, attempting to cup my jaw.

"I can't. It's impossible to tear my eyes away from such a beauty." He replied with a smirk. I roll my eyes, returning the smirk. "You are a very cliche man. Has anyone told you that?"

He pretended to look up at the ceiling in thought. He hummed before clicking his tongue. "No, I don't think so." He joked.

As I took a sip from my soda, my eyes caught a familiar customer walking into the fast-food restaurant. She brushed her hair from her face, revealing it was Cambria. I clenched my jaw softly before my eyes reverted to Leone. He took a bite from his burger.

"How is it?" I asked, knowing Leone has never tried fast food before. He furrowed his eyebrows, coming up with an opinion. He started nodding his head as he chewed. "It's pretty good, but this must be unhealthy."

I shrugged my shoulders. "There's a small price to pay."

I cup my chin, observing as he ate. He gave me a weird look as he smiled. I chuckled in response.

"You're the one from the party, right?" I heard a voice ask. I look up, meeting my eyes with Cambria's. I nodded awkwardly.

"I'm sorry for Ezio's behavior. I know he stepped out of his place. If it makes you feel better, I put him in his place too after you left." She says with a soft grin.