$ F I F T Y $

A/N: AN IMPORTANT NOTE WILL BE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!

PLEASE READ.

• • •

Reborn
~
August 29th, 2019
Southampton, New York
Thirty-Fifth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

9:16 am.

I shifted in my bed, unable to move onto my side because of my bump. I groan in discomfort, softly whining at the repetitive routine that hasn't grown on me yet. I turned over, chancing to lie my belly on my body pillow, but it wasn't as soft as it usually was. My leg was curled around the pillow, but it seemed to have legs.

My eyes snapped open, gasping as my eyes met Ezio's shut eyes. I lunged out of bed, infuriated at how we fell asleep with each other.

I snatched a throw pillow, aiming it at his innocent sleeping form. I relaxed, observing his long eyelashes brushing against his cheekbones. I dreamed that my son inherited his father's traits than mine. I despised to confess it, but Ezio was a handsome man.

I shake my head from my thoughts, harshly throwing the pillow at his head. He grumbled, not phased by the assault. I rolled my eyes, throwing another pillow at him. His face scrunched up tiredly before turning to his side. "No. . . stop it." He mumbled hoarsely, still senseless.

I grabbed my phone, checking what time it was. It appeared it was early in the morning since the birds were chirping outside.

I grabbed a bottle of water I kept on my nightstand, unscrewing the cap. I poured some water onto the cap, placing the bottle on the bedside table. I carefully leaned over his body.

As I was about to flick it onto Ezio, his eyes snapped open, flipping me over as I shrieked. "You were awake the whole time?" I exclaimed frustratedly, attempting to jerk my wrist from his grasp.

He let go, sitting upright as he rubbed his eyes. "Is it too much to want to sleep when it comes to you?" He rhetorically asks, ignoring my question.

"Get out of my room!" I exclaimed, getting off my bed. He made no moves to get up, so I grunted. "You're so goddamn annoying. No wonder Cambria left." I remarked mindlessly.

I gasped once the words left my lips, my eyes averting to Ezio's. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that." I apologized as guilt began to consume me.

His face fell before he stood up. "You thought that, though." He mumbled, walking towards my door. I caught up with him, tugging at his wrist to turn him around.

Accidentally, I tugged him too close to me. I sought to step back, but his grip remained on me. "I'm seriously sorry. That wasn't my place to say anything."

His eyes drilled holes into mine. This made me feel anxious and slowly self-conscious which didn't go hand-in-hand with me. I bit my lip unconsciously, but his eyes fell on my lips. "You always bite your lips when we're this close." He murmured.

I remained quiet as I felt our son peddling his feet against my stomach.

"Are you going to forgive me?" I asked, ignoring his statement. He shook his head. "I never got mad at you. Just wanted to see if you would do something about it." He said, chuckling softly afterward.