$ N I N E T E E N $

Flight 22
~
February 24th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Eighth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

10:31 am.

I taped up my last box before picking it up and pushing it out into the hallway. I sighed heavily as I pushed it against the wall.

"You shouldn't be doing that. I could've helped." I heard Xavier say. I glanced up seeing his hazel eyes studying me.

I wave him off. "I got this."

He shook his head before picking up the box with ease, the one I managed to difficultly push out my room. I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. "Are you all packed up?"

He nodded.

"Are you nervous about school?" I asked.

He nodded again.

"I have this one friend. He's around your age and I think you two will be great friends if I introduce you guys." I mentioned.

His eyebrows raised. "He doesn't mind?"

I shook my head. "Actually, when I told him about you, he was the one who suggested himself. He's pretty excited to meet you. His name is Aleksander."

A smile grew on his lips as his cheeks blushed. "That's nice. I've never had anyone be excited to meet me before." He murmured shyly.

"My mom is excited to meet you too. She says that she feels that you're practically her son already." I add humorously.

He chuckled in response.

I walked back into my empty bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes when I realized I felt gross from all the energy I put into packing. I threw my sweaty clothes in the corner. I glanced in the mirror and headed for the shower. I stopped in my tracks when something had caught my eyes. My widened eyes averted to my stomach. My hands unconsciously cupped my growing belly. I was finally showing which had my heart beat a thousand miles. Even if it seemed as if I gained a couple of pounds, that wasn't the case. I had mixed emotions about my belly. I would have to wear baggier clothes to hide the baby from the world eventually.

I hopped into the shower as millions of emotions were flowing throughout my body including many thoughts through my mind. I looked down at my naked body. I wasn't going to see my feet in a few months if I looked down at myself.

Some moments, I regret not agreeing to the procedure. I regret declining what could've made my life as nothing happened.

But this was not one of those moments.

~
February 24th, 2019
Los Angeles, California
Eighth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

2:27 pm.

"You sure you're going to be all right?" Lilly asked as she glanced between Xavier and me worriedly.

I nodded and smiled. "Yes."

I was wearing a white crop top with ripped jeans and heeled boots. I wanted to dress out of my hoodie hoping it would be possible to feel better. Xavier was wearing a skin-tight jersey. His muscles were starting to show through his shirt. We didn't have him work out hard since he's just in his preteen years, but he wanted to work out a bit harder. His physique was now beginning to look like an average fourteen-year-old boy.