$ F I F T Y • S I X $

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END!
PLEASE READ
• • •
Wanting You Around
~
September 23rd, 2019
Manhattan, New York
Thirty-Eighth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

7:52 pm.

       "I fucking hate this shit," I muttered. Grumbling, I took my slow time sauntering into the elevator. I let a string out curses from under my breath, suffering from intense backache.

Lilly shot a glimpse at me after taking a drink from her smoothie. "You good?" She raised a question.

I scoffed and smiled. "Of course. I'm cursing for the fun of it."

She stared at me, lifting her eyebrow once she pressed the button for the top floor. "That baby needs to pop out as soon as possible 'cause I don't know if I can handle this version of you anymore."

I flung my middle finger up as the elevator door closed. She shrugged in a questioning manner while her eyebrows wrinkled as well.

"Don't act like you forgot what you did," I muttered.

Before Lilly had the opportunity to counter back, the doors parted. I rolled my eyes, glancing down at my phone to check the time as we stalked into his penthouse.

My gaze shot ahead, catching Ezio slip on a white wife beater, offering a grin as he appeared down the corridor. My cheeks warmed before I averted my eyes.

"Hey, guys." He said as he approached us.

Lilly cleared her throat, carefully nudging me forward. I creased my eyebrows, glaring back at her for a response.

"Well, you two have fun!" She announced with a smile as she clicked the elevator button. "Thanks, by the way, Ezio."

I huffed, strolling further into the hallway, hearing my best friend depart her ways. I blocked the two of them out when the flashbacks began to appear from the last time I was here.

I glanced at the grand piano that was in front of the large windows, never failing to display the sparkling city.

Where our first kiss took place.

I turned around as I heard the metallic doors close. I felt kicks in my lower abdomen as Ezio neared. My breathing faltered, causing me to avert my eyes once again.

My son may as well be an Ezio radar at this point: I thought while resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"Welcome back home," Ezio whispered, a smirk ripening on his handsome complexion.

He licked his lips, pausing for me to react. I scoffed and turned around.

I heard him let out a peal of laughter from behind me. He walked up to me, nearing my left shoulder. I caught a whiff of his cologne, indulging myself in his luscious aroma.

I was snapped out of the trance as I heard Ezio starting to baby talk. My eyebrows furrowed, unaware of what was going on.

"Good job, Little Lyssa!" Ezio cooed, bending down to his knees.

I gasped to myself, seeing a baby girl attempting to crawl her way towards us. She wore a toothless grin while there was drool around her mouth. She giggled, stopping in her tracks before her expressions were wiped, her eyes set on me.