$ T H I R T Y • T W O $

One Of A Kind
~
May 1st, 2019
New York, New York
New York Public Library

Third P.O.V.

10:29 pm.

Alia was promised to be picked up by one of her friends, Tamara, outside the library she was studying at all day.

Some birthday; she thought.

Her phone buzzed which caught her attention. One of her arms was wrapped around her midriff. She wore a crop-top with a cardigan carelessly thrown over her shoulders. She underestimated the city's weather today, and she regretted it deeply.

"Oh, come on!" She muttered, seeing a text received from Tamara.

Tamara Hudson: I am SO sorry, but something came up and I can't pick you up! I'll tell you in person, but it's an emergency.

Alia groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose. She wasn't sure what was going to be her back-up transportation.

Tamara Hudson: I'm sure you don't have money for a ride because your parents thought you were spending too much, so I'm going to send you some. I owe you that much at least.

Tamara Hudson has sent you $50 for: Ride for Home

Alia felt immediately guilty once she received the notification. She wanted to send the money back, but Tamara was right. Alia's parents took away her debit card privileges. She does admit to herself that she did spend over the limit her parents set for her a few times. She knew that the city was too dangerous for her when the sunlight falls from the sky.

She finally decided to order a ride home. The wait was five minutes which was surprisingly faster than usual. When she saw that her driver was on her way, she exited from the app to text Tamara once again. Alia thanked her, promising she would payback. She told her to take care and don't worry about tonight.

Alia leaned against the wall that belonged to the closed library. She wished it didn't close early tonight, but the man who was the owner of the library had an emergency came up. It seemed that everyone was beginning to face personal emergencies at the wrong time for Alia. Deep
down, she did seem irritated, but she did understand. She was upset at the timings instead of the people.

Her phone buzzed, notifying her that her driver is near and about to pick her up. She examined the type of car and driver for her to identify as soon as the car pulls up. Her desire was to go home and sleep in her soft-warm bed.

The drive was longer than anticipated, but anyone driving in the city feels the same way. There's always traffic no matter the time. She glanced at her phone, seeing her music play and the time. She mentally groaned at how late it was getting. Her parents would be incredibly upset with her if they spot her sneaking back in.

She leaned her head against the passenger window, having the city flash before her eyes. Her fingers hovered over her phone screen, waiting for a text message from a certain someone. Yes, she was young, but being a vixen ran in her family starting from her ancestors. The women in the Paxton family could have a man easily wrapped around their finger, and their man would have no complaints. Even from her father's side, they were quite the ladies' man themselves. Her whole family was scandalous.

She unlocked her phone to go into her and Xavier's private chat. He was incredibly shy, but Alia was sure he's aware of the fact that how much of an effect he has on other girls. He couldn't be blindsided on that true of a fact.