$ T H I R T Y • N I N E $

Truthful
~

May 31st, 2019
Southampton, New York
Twentieth Week Pregnant

Third P.O.V.

11:12 pm.

"So how far along are you?" Leone asks, wrapping his arm around Vera's shoulders. She was fiddling with her fingers as the yacht took off into the bay. "I'm reaching twenty-one weeks next week." She answered simply. She clutched her shawl closer as the wind began to arise goosebumps across her skin.

She looked up to see Leone admiring her. She blushed, letting her head drop into his chest to hide her blushed face.

"I wanted to ask you something tonight." He murmured, setting his chin atop Vera's head. She hummed in response before looking back up at him. He cupped her chin gently, brushing his lips against her ear.

"I wanted to ask if you'd want to make things official tonight." He whispered. She shivered at his warm breath cascading down her neck.

Her eyes flickered between his eyes. She wasn't sure how to respond, considering she dropped the bomb earlier that night. "A-are you sure? After what I just told you?" She asked quite shyly. "Do you know what you're committing to?"

She bit her lip anxiously. Oh, did she want to be with him, but she wanted to know if he was in it with her for the long run. She had to begin taking steps for her baby's future.

He nodded. "I accept you—" He kisses her forehead before his hand landed on her bump. She took a sharp inhale of air. "—and this baby. No matter who the father may be. I'm more than happy to be with you both."

This brought tears to her eyes. He leaned down, pressing a chaste kiss to her lips. She gladly accepted before deepening the kiss a bit further. She nodded, giving his lips multiple pecks. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

She felt relieved of saying that. He grinned down at her, admiring the beauty he couldn't seem to believe. He kissed her temple before they gazed into the bay, admiring as the yacht swam across.

Meanwhile, Xavier and Aleksander were with his brother, Ezio who noticed the new couple being affectionate with each other privately. Ezio decided to come tonight. He wasn't sure why since he wasn't familiar with the Bernacelli family, but he accompanied his brother.

At this point, Aleksander was the first Valentino to be aware of her pregnancy. Vera planned to speak with him soon, but she wasn't sure how to approach, neither did Aleksander. Ezio wasn't aware of the pregnancy yet, due to her shawl covering up the secret.

Xavier took a seat near the couple, where everyone else gathered. Aleksander joined Xavier.

"How are you and Alia?" Aleksander asked. Xavier shrugged. "We haven't made any moves since. We've just been texting back and forth; harmlessly flirting." Xavier sighed after answering.

Aleksander nodded.

Lilly was introducing Cherie to Norah and Luca. They came back down for more business matters, but to visit their friends too. Norah was grinning ear-to-ear, admiring how Lilly's date brought joy into her life.

Bruce embraced his wife from behind as she took in the view from the front of the yacht. He pecked where her neck and shoulders met. Enjoying the view in silence, the married couple spent a few more moments like this.

Vera approached Xavier and Aleksander soon after. She was adamant to stall her time meeting Aleksander, but after having a deep conversation with Leone, he persuaded her to come face with it now than later.