Chapter 40: Change

We are now in the police station. I saw Jackson coming out in a room with some officer named 'Kim'. I glance at Hani and she was mouthing "Thank You" to Jackson. Jackson nodded and gave her a smile.

"What are they doing here?" Park dude scowled at Jungkook and Jimin. Yoongi then walks in with two officers around him. We actually waited for him to get healed in the hospital.. Everybody's eyes widen.

"Give them a round of applause." Everybody started clapping and cheering for Jimin and Jungkook's name.
"So this is what you wanted all along." I whispered to Jungkook.
"I don't even know how to react.." He scratched the back of his head.

After we handed our 'things', we went straight to the interrogation room.
"Tall guy, what's your name?" Officer Choi asked Jin.
"Kim Seokjin." Officer Lee looks at his laptop.
"Apparently, your parents own a hospital, right?" He asked.

Jin nodded.
"And you are?" Officer Choi asked Hoseok.
"Jung Hoseok." Hoseok answered quickly.
"It says here you were lost?" Hoseok shakes his head.
"I was kicked out, not lost."

They nodded and turned their head to Lisa
"Lalisa, right?" They asked her.
"Yes.." she mumbled.
"I didn't even know my neighbour is a criminal." Officer Choi laughs then looks at the two girls.

"Heeyeon and Solji, Nice meeting you two again." Hani smiled.
"You too."

"And.. Y/N?" I looked down.
"Hi." Is all I manage to say.
"So tell us everything." They both said. We sigh out loud.

"Our plan was to be close to Yoongi so we can steal his money." I said and they nodded.
"But things clearly didn't go in the way we planned. Jungkook got in the way, Yoongi almost got married and stuff." Lisa finishes off.

"How about the real Lee Yoona and Jung Sunjae. Where are they?" Hoseok chuckles.
"At my basement. Still healthy as ever." We all nodded since we were telling the truth.

They put the information in a paper and stood up.
"So.. can we.. you know.. get out of jail?" They shake their head making us frown
"We planned on stealing Yoongi's money then we send him here.. that was the original plan." Jin said

"But things got around and.." Solji finishes Lisa's sentence.
"We want to change our ways."
"Please?"

Jungkook's POV.
We were inside a room where we can hear and see what's in the interrogation room.
"Can't we just let them go? They want to change their life.." I looked at our chief.

"They helped us get Yoongi, Chief. Isn't that enough?" I frown at him.
"Criminals are criminals, Jungkook. They can't change."

"Dad, they have a family!" His eyes widen.
"Tell me one good reason." I rolled my eyes at him.
"They help us get Yoongi. Isn't that what you guys wanted? Without them, we are probably still looking for that guy!"

"And Y/N.. She has a family. She's a good person andㅡ" he cuts me off.
"Do you like her?" The chief asked me.

Slilence.

"What?" I blink twice.
"Do you like Y/N, Jungkook?"  He asks again.
"Yes, I like her. Is that a crime now? She has a heart that cares for others. And for her friends, they clearly look tired of doing crimes. Give them a chance. If they don't Change then it's my responsibility. We'll had no mercy and lock them up immediately."

"I can assure you that."

Y/N's POV.
Officer Choi's phone starts ringing.
"Hello? Okay.. Yeah sure.." he hungs up.

"Chief spoke with the others about this. You can all get free tomorrow by your parents." Officer Choi smiles at us.

"I'm Minho and this is Taemin. I hope we don't see you all coming back in the future with guns in your hands." We laughed and nodded.