Chapter 16

Mina went to the side of the stage so she can watch her. Chaeng glanced to her direction and she saw her giving the fighting sign.

Aigoo, such a cutie. She smiled widely as she look at her. I hope you'll like this. She closed her eyes as the music started.

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 16]

Singing 'Girl' by The Internet (Acoustic version)

"Passion burning, causing rapture of laughter
Pressure building, falling faster and faster
If I told you that you rock my world, I want you around me
Would you let me call you my girl, my girlfriend, my girlfriend?
I can give you the life you deserve, just say the word
And I got you, baby I got you"

She opened her eyes and looked at Mina with full of sincerity.

"Girl
If they don't know your worth
Tell 'em you're my girl
And anything you want is yours"

Mina was dumbfounded. The lyrics are hitting her so hard. It feels like it's meant for her. She's lost in Chaeng's stare and soothing voice.

Chaeyoung was looking at her throughout the performance. She doesn't care what the others might think, she just want to dedicate this song to Mina. She wants her to feel the sincerity in every word that she utters.

The crowd was silent, carefully listening to her singing.

"Chapters turning, so old fashioned and natural
Potions got me falling for you, oh yeah
Baby if I told you that you rock my world, I want you around me
Would you let me call you my girl, my girlfriend, my girlfriend?
I can give you the life you deserve, just say the word
And I got and more

Girl (you're mine)
If they don't know your worth
Tell 'em you're my girl
And anything you want is yours."

Chaeng ended the song, smiling at her. Then she turned to the crowd and bowed.

The students cheered loudly. Different reactions can be heard from the audience.

Others were quite confused with the message of the song and throws some criticisms.

"Is she a lesbian?"

"Who's she looking at? Is she courting someone here?"

While others enjoyed it.

"Awwwe that's so sweet! I feel like crying."

"Lucky whoever that girl is. I wish I was her."

Most of them are blushing and screaming Chaeyoung's name. She just reclaimed her title as a girl crush in the campus.

Chaeng rushed backstage and went to Mina.

"Phew! Glad that it's over. So what do you think? Did you like it?" Chaeng asked.

Mina just got back to her senses, she was drowning with emotions when Chaeng was singing. "Huh? Yeah I like it, it was great." She gave her a warm smile.

I wish you did. That was for you. Chaeng thought as she smiled back.

******

Mina's POV

While Chaeng is singing...

Why do I feel this way? The lyrics, every word of it, it's like a bandage healing up all my wounds. It feels very assuring. But why, why do I feel like it's meant for me? The way you stare, that look in your eyes. It's making me weak. Mina's head is full of questions, she's very confused.

"Phew! Glad that it's over. So what do you think? Did you like it?" Chaeng asked.

"Huh? Yeah I like it, it was great." Really Mina? That's all you can say?