Chapter 17

"Woah! Daebak." Chaeyoung laughed sarcastically in disbelief. "So you're going to turn a blind eye on this one too? Yah! Jeongyeon-a wake up! Can't you see?? It's happening again!"

Jeong suddenly ran out of words. She was just frowning, looking at how aggravated Chaeng is.

"Are you really going to let her ruin Mina this time?"

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 17]

Meanwhile, at the canteen..

Sana, Dahyun and Mina sat in their usual spot. Mina is feeling uneasy, still worried about Chaeng.

"Are you sure she'll be okay?" She asked.

Sana giggled. " She'll be alright don't worry. They might shout their lungs out but they won't hurt each other physically."

Mina shrugged and let out a deep sigh. "I don't understand why Chaeng hates Nayeon so much."

Sana and Dahyun looked at each other. "I shouldn't be telling you this 'cause Chaeng might kill me, but I just don't want you to be blind about it." Dahyun said.

Mina looked at her with confused eyes.

"So Jeong and Chaeng are actually cousins." Dahyun said.

"What?" Mina replied, surprised.

"Yeah, they don't resemble each other." She giggled. "Jeong grew up in the US and moved back here during middle school, that's when they met. The four of us were classmates and were really close specially the two of them."

"They treat each other like siblings, they even call themselves the 'no jam' bros. Cute eh?" Sana added.

"But then what happened?" Mina asked.

"We were separated during first year high, the two of us in section 2, and them at section 1. Then there's this girl, their new classmate, that they both fell in love with. Chaeyoung liked her first but was too shy to confess. Then Jeong made her move without knowing about Chaeng's feelings." Dahyun said in a sad tone.

Mina is really surprised with what she's hearing right now.

******

"Jeongyeon-a, you know what she's capable of. Don't tolerate her anymore." Chaeng said, now in a more calm voice.

"She's not like that anymore, she's changed." Jeong replied.

Chaeng chuckled slightly and shook her head. "You're really blinded. I don't know what you like so much about Nayeon that you even chose her over that poor girl." She sighed.

"That girl whom I loved."

Jeong was shocked. "What?!"

"Yeah, she was my first love. Well you wouldn't know 'cause you only care about yourself. I even liked her first before you did. But the time you told me you like her too, I gave up. You know why?" Tears start to form on the corner of her eyes.

"Wae?" Jeong asked.

"Because I care for your happiness more than my own feelings hyung." Tears fell down on her cheeks.

Jeong was dumbfounded, like something stroke her heart. It's the first time she saw Chaeyoung cried. She didn't know her dongsaeng's feelings before. She couldn't respond.

"I regret the day that I let you date her. I blamed myself everyday when she left. If I wasn't such a coward and asked her out, she would've been happy with me. She wouldn't have had to leave."

Jeong can feel her heart aching so bad that she started crying as well.

*******

On the other hand...