Chapter 38

"I draw random things before. I even went to other places to find good things or get a nice view to draw."

"Then why did you stop?" Mina asked.

"Why should I go far if I have the most beautiful piece of art here with me?" She smiled and stared right through Mina's eyes.

"When I met you, it's like I found the perfect image to draw."

Mina was startled. She's speechless with Chaeng's words. She couldn't even react, she was just sitting there, lost in Chaeng's eyes.

"Mina-ya, can you be my muse?"

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 38]

Mina was startled with the question. "W-what?"

"I mean, in an artist's perspective, it would be great to have a muse like you. Well, I've been drawing you for quite a while now but I just want to formally ask permission if it's okay for me to draw you. You know, not just while you're sleeping or just by imagining your face in my mind." She paused. "I mean, it's not that I'm imagining you cause that's weird. Uhm....uhm..you know what I mean right?" Chaeng stuttered.

"Aaah. So that's what you meant." Mina slightly nodded. "I thought it's something else." She added in a low tone.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." She smiled. "Well, yeah yeah of course. It'll be an honor to be a muse of a great artist like you. But what does a muse do anyway?"

"All of us need to be in touch with a mysterious, tantalizing source of inspiration that teases our sense of wonder." Chaeng said.

"Huh?" Mina asked, confused.

"Muses make the artist inspired. So you, Ms. Mina Myoui, needs to stick with me 24/7 and keep me inspired." Chaeng smirked.

"Eh??!"

"Wae? You don't want to?"

"Huh? Uh-uhm. Uhmm. Uhh.." Mina wasn't able to respond properly.

Chaeng laughed at her reaction, Mina looked so startled. "Hey I'm just kidding."

Mina punched her lightly on the shoulder. "Yah! Stop teasing me!"

Chaeng just chuckled. "Mian. Hehe. Well, honestly all you need to do is sit still and look pretty." She smiled. "But seriously, is it ok for you to be my muse?"

Mina nodded that made Chaeng more hyped. "Yay! I've actually always wanted to draw you while dancing, you know, I want to see you as a ballerina. But I don't think it's possible." Chaeng pouted.

"Wae? Do I have to dance for you to draw me?"

"Not really, you just need to pose."

"No problem then."

Chaeng eyes widened. "Jinjja??? Yay! Let's go!" She immediately stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"To draw you."

Mina laughed as she looked at Chaeng who's really excited. "Yah, we still have a lot of time to do that. But you need to rest today so you'll get better. Your parents are coming home tomorrow, we don't want them to worry right? Let's do it in another day."

"I'm better now." She grabbed Mina's hand and put it on her forehead to feel her temperature. "See? Please! I really want to draw you."

Mina just looked at her blankly, thinking. Then Chaeng sat beside her, leaned her face close to hers, and blinked her eyes fast in a cute way. "Puuulleeaase!!!"