Chapter 22

I wish I could kiss you right now. Chaeng thought as her stare shifted to Mina's lips.

Mina gulped and then cleared her throat that broke the awkward silence. "Uhm, I think we should start moving, they might arrive any minute now. I'll take a shower first." Then she got up and went to the bathroom.

Chaeng just looked at her as she walked away. She held her chest as her heart is beating so fast. I hope someday I can.

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 22]

Chaeng went downstairs and started cooking. She put her apron on and sliced the ingredients. After a few minutes Mina came.

"What are you cooking?" She asked.

"Carbonara. I feel like eating pasta. How about you, what would you like to eat? I'll cook it for you."

"That's already enough. Whatever you cook is delicious anyway."

"Why do you keep on complimenting me today?" Chaeng got suspicious.

"Keunyang. Wae? Am I not allowed to?" Mina answered.

"Well it's just unusual. I rarely receive compliments from people."

"Really? Maybe they're just blind to see how talented and kind you are."

Chaeng blushed. She tried to hide her face facing down, cutting some white onions. Then she sniffed.

"Yah! Are you crying??" Mina asked.

"Yeah, I was so touched with your words." Chaeng looked at her with her tears falling.
Mina panicked and went to her. "Yah! Why would you cry?? You're supposed to be happy to hear that." She held her shoulders and patted it.

Then Chaeng laughed so hard. "Haha I was kidding. I teared up because of the onions."

Mina slapped her shoulder. "Yah! You got me there." She laughed. "I suddenly thought you're too sensitive."

"Thanks though, for what you said. Sometimes it's nice to hear good words from other people. It's a nice feeling to be appreciated." Chaeng replied now in a more serious tone.

"That's nothing. Besides I'm just telling the truth and that's something you need to know as well. It's good to be humble, but it's not nice that you're too hard on yourself."

Chaeng just smiled, avoiding Mina's eyes.

Then a phone rang.

"Yoboseyo? Oh Jihyo-a. You're almost here? Good. I'll wait for you outside. Guerom." Mina said as she spoke on the phone.

"She's here, I'll just wait for her outside." Mina said excitedly.

Chaeng just nodded and continued on cooking. After a few minutes they arrived. Mina and Jihyo was chatting as they walked to the kitchen.

"Chaeyoung-a, she's here. Jihyo-a, this is Chaeyoung, the one I've told you about. And Chaeng, this is Jihyo, my bestfriend." Mina introduced them to each other.

Jihyo offered her hand. "Annyeong Chaeyoung-ssi, nice to finally meet you."

"Annyeong!" Chaeng greeted back as she wiped her hands on the apron and shook hands with Jihyo. "Sorry my hand smells, I've been cutting onions."

Jihyo chuckled. "That's okay." Then she examined her from head to toe. "So she's the one. She's cute though." She said as she elbowed Mina.

"Sorry?" Chaeng said.

"Uhh nothing!" Mina laughed sarcastically. Then she turned to Jihyo and gestured for her to keep silent.

Chaeng just chuckled. "I know that you girls have a lot to talk about. You can go to the living room and chat there. I'm okay here, I'll just prepare our dinner."