Chapter 40

Then finally, the tears escaped from Mina's eyes. She covered her face with a pillow and cried. Chaeng slid her arm that made Mina burry her face on her shoulder. She could feel Mina's tears dripping on her shirt. She brushed her hair trying to comfort her.

It breaks my heart seeing you like this. She consoled her until Mina fell asleep. She wiped the tears left on her cheeks.

"I will always show you my love. You don't need to love me back, all that's important is for all the pain to go away and for you to be happy." Chaeng whispered.

Dangerously In Love [Chapter 40]

Saturday, 6am..

Chaeng woke up early. She stared at Mina's face for a couple of minutes before going downstairs. Her parents will return today so she started cleaning the house. After, she cooked breakfast.

It's now 8am, Mina just woke up then came downstairs.

"Good morning Chaeyoung-a." She noticed the house is really clean. "Why didn't you wake me up? I could've helped you clean the house."

"It's okay. I didn't want to disturb you and there's nothing much to clean anyway." She went to the fridge and poured a glass of cold water and handed it to Mina. "Omo, your eyes are so swolen." She sighed as she gently touched it. "This won't do, my mom will think that I made you cry." She went back to the fridge and grabbed something from the freezer.

"I'll just tell her that you bullied me." Mina smiled.

Chaeng's happy to see her smile. She was crying so hard last night. I wonder if this is just a front and just pretending or if she's really happy. "Eh? When did I bully you? You're the one who bullied me, you even called me a tadpole! And since I'm a tadpole, I'll tell mom that you called her a frog."

"Eh? I didn't say that! Yah, don't badmouth me to your mom or she'll kick me out of here." They both laughed.

"Good to see that you're okay now." Chaeng said.

Mina just smiled in response and sat on the table. Chaeng went to her and handed her two frozen spoons. "Here, put it in your eyes to reduce the swelling. I prepared it earlier, I thought you might need it."

"Thank you." Mina held it and covered her eyes with it. "You're so resourceful, you know that right?"

Chaeng chuckled. "Yeah of course." She served the food on the table then sat beside Mina.

"Cmon let's eat." Then they started eating. After, Mina washed the dishes and they continued cleaning. They did a little gardening and watered the plants.

After, they took a bath then went to the airport to fetch Chaeng's parents. They used her dad's car so they can all fit in.

"Eomma!! Appa!" Chaeng shouted as soon as she saw them came out. She ran to them and hugged them tightly. "I missed you so much."

"We missed you too darling." Her dad replied.

Mina smiled as she looked at them.

"Mina-ssi! How are you?" Mrs. Son asked as she approached them.

"I'm fine Eomeonim. How's your trip?"

"It's quite tiring but we had fun. Gosh I'm starving, we'll talk more about it while we eat." They went to a famous Korean restaurant and ordered various foods.

"I miss Korean food so much." Mr. Son said, then he looked at Mina. "No offense, I like Japanese food as well but of course I prefer Korean." He smiled.

"Well there's no need to argue with that. I actually prefer Korean food now." Mina chuckled.

"Oh by the way, I bought strawberries and snacks for you. I bet you miss the products from your country." Mrs. Son handed her a paper bag.