Chapter 4: They Were Taken

We got to where the plane was and there were three munchers. Michonne went after two of them while I stabbed the other in the head. I looked around and wrote a tick mark on my arm.

31.

"In the trees. You stay low farther away from me straight that way. If anything happens I'll come get you." So that's what I did. I ran a few blocks that way and got in the tree. I saw Michonne and her leg was shot. She looked up and saw me. She quickly put her finger over her lips and I nodded.

"Where you at girly?" Merle said from a distance as she held her leg. He came over and they started fighting. I came out of the tree and pushed the boy on the ground. Merle was fighting a muncher and one was over Michonne. She sliced its guts and it fell on her. I went over and stabbed its head and we left.

I helped her run to where she hid her bag. On the way there was another muncher. I killed it and grabbed slit it's stomach putting the guts on my body and my hair.

"It keeps them away." I said quietly as we got to her bag. Four munchers appeared and she started taking her sword out. I looked to her and shook my head. They walked by and she looked at me surprised.

"We need to get you somewhere safe. It doesn't look like your bleeding but you're still hurt. I'll pitch up your leg." I whispered lightly. She nodded and we walked further in towards a town we were at before.

We got to a corner and looked around to see no munchers. We were about to go but we saw a truck go by. We quickly hid behind a parked car. There were two people. An Asian man and a Caucasian woman. They were obviously together because they kissed before the guy went in.

"Glenn, get the duck." The woman chuckled. She was noticeably southern. "A newborn baby growing up in a prison should have some toys." She smiled.

A baby. Wow. I looked to Michonne as she looked surprised too. She stood outside for a while before the man came back outside. Michonne was shaking a little and I was worried about her.

"We hit the powdered formula jackpot." The man smiled as he listed off the rest that they had procured. "It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it back in time for dinner." He explained as they put the stuff in the car.

"I like the quiet. Out there you can always hear them outside the fences." The woman sighed.

"And where is it y'all good people are heading to?" Merle said from the other side. My heart raced and Michonne and I ducked lower.

"Merle?" The guy asked. Everyone seemed to know the asshole.

"Wow." Merle chuckled.

"Hey back the hell up!" The woman warned.

"Hey okay okay honey. Jesus." He yelled.

"You're alive." The Asian man, Glenn I think, said to Mere his gun still up.

"Can you tell me is my brother alive?" Merle asked looking to him. It was clear now. This Glenn did knew Andrea and he was part of the group.

"Yeah." Glenn answered. More importantly- there was more of them. I knew they must've been good people since Andrea had stayed with them, but I wondered if it was still that way since they left her behind.

"Okay you lead me back to my brother and I'll call it even. No hard feelings." He smiled. "Oh you like that? Yeah well I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself." He explained. He must've been talking about his arm.

Michonne was grunting slightly. "We need to-" I started as she glared at me to be quiet.

They talked more and the. I heard a gunshot. I got up to go help them but Michonne pulled me down. I looked at her angrily. These people were trying to help a baby.