Chapter 25: Life Sucked

We headed out. None of us knew where to go next. We stopped in the road when night came.

Eugene woke up and Tara called me in. "How are you feeling?" I asked looking at him.

"My head is pounding but other than that I am A okay physically." He said as I nodded.

"Okay so your lip isn't cut to wide do you want anything for the pain?" I asked looking to him.

"No Ill keep it as a reminder." He said as I nodded and looked at Maggie who was still upset. I would be too. I didn't know what else to do for her. Glenn was holding her to keep her company but she lost everything.

We got to a town and found two short busses for us to use. They wired them up and we headed out again. This time to Virginia where Noah's family was.

We made camp in the woods. Some of the other were going out to see if Noah's family was still there. I hadn't talked to Carl much since we left, but I wanted to. I wanted to apologize for being rude and hear him out.

After the others left he was in the car with Judith. Everyone else was outside doing something else. I walked over to him and sat in the seat behind him. "Hey." I said looking to him.

"Hey." He glanced at me but looked back at Judith.

"I'm sorry." I said as he looked at me. "I shouldn't have gotten mad at you before and I'm sorry." I replied truthfully. Beth would've been gone if I had gone or not. It's just the way things were.

"I'm sorry too." He said as I looked at him confused.

"Why?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"I didn't want you to go. That's why I didn't say anything. That's why I didn't help you." He explained to me.

"But I was going to help the others. Why would you not want me to help?" I leaned against the side of the car.

"It's not that I didn't want you to help." He said as he put Judith in her carrier and looked at me. "It's that I didn't want you to get hurt."

I smiled to him and chuckled lightly. "I thought you did it because you didn't care."

"No I care. Whenever anything bad happens I'm always checking to make sure you're okay first. After the prison I was so worried seeing you out there. I almost shot at the governor but Daryl had convinced me not to." He explained looking at me. I listened contently to what he was saying. "After I found my dad I went to where you were but I couldn't find you and I was so scared."

"But I was okay." I smiled at him lightly. He was usually caring on the down low but this time he was so upfront about it. I might've been blushing a bit from how kind he was being.

"And I didn't know that." He replied.

I nodded as I leaned on the back of his seat. "I was worried about you too. More worried about how you were feeling that Judith wasn't with you."

"When we got to Judith's carrier it was all bloody and there were walkers everywhere. We thought they ate her." He explained.

"I'm sorry." I shook my head imagining what had happened. "I killed a couple around her and their blood got on me. I guess some rubbed off when I grabbed her."

"You shouldn't be sorry. You saved her twice." He said looking at her.

"We've all saved each other so many times. I'm just glad I made someone happy from everything that happened." I said thinking of the man I killed. "I started another list." I said as I showed him my left arm. A single small black mark was on my wrist.