Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire

That night after I left Rick found a walker inside the walls. Pete killed Reg and the Rick killed Pete. Morgan found his way to us and Tara woke up. For that night, everything was done.

I stayed inside with Carl and Judith. I wanted to go apologize to Ron for what had happened but it was late so I waited for the next day.

We woke up and got ready for the day. Carol was making cookies. I grabbed one and she raised her eyebrow at me. "Thank you." I smiled as she shook her head.

"So what's the plan for today?" Carl asked as I sighed lightly.

"Find Ron and tell him we are here for him." I shrugged lightly as I broke my cookie in half and gave it to him.

"Yeah we should." Carl replied eating some of the cookie.

We went to his house first. His mom opened the door. "Is Ron here?" I asked concerned. Her eye was hit too but it wasn't as bad.

"No he's been out. Dealing with things on his own time." Jessie shook her head. I nodded putting my hair behind my ear. "I know it's a weird time but if you two ever need a haircut I can do it for you. Might help take my mind off things." She said as I nodded lightly.

I felt bad for her. She had been through the most and I honestly needed a haircut. "I'll take one now." I smiled lightly. She nodded with a small smile. I looked to Carl. "I'll meet you at the house when I'm done and we can keep looking, okay?" I asked as he nodded lightly. I went inside to her house and got ready to cut it.

"How short?" She asked as she came back with the supplies.

"Right here." I said pointing a little under my armpit.

She nodded. "First haircut since?" She asked.

"Yeah. I usually had it to my armpit all the time. My dad liked long hair. He said it was luxurious." I smiled.

"I think it's nice. You can do so much with it too." She said as she made the first snip.

"My mom would always watch videos on braiding it and stuff. She was always so eccentric with it when I was little." I chuckled lightly. "She lived for crazy hair day at school."

"I would too if I had a girl." She responded happily.

We talked about basic things in life. I tried to talk about anything that wouldn't bring up Pete. I wanted to say how we were part of the black eye club but I refrained because we both got them out of hatred.

Eventually she finished and it was pretty short. At least for me. She had a hairdryer and she blew it out for me.