Chapter 6: What an Asshole

I don't remember falling asleep but I did. I woke up still leaning against the wall as I sat on the bed. I woke up and went to the door, realizing it was open still. I walked out and looked around. I went to the man gate and saw the people still in there.

I turned around to see Hershel walking over. "I was wondering if I could give some of your medicine to one of those people. He's got a leg wound and I want to stitch it up. The medicine will help with the pain." He explained kindly. He was a few inches taller than me but I think the crutches brought him a little lower to the ground.

"I will if you teach me how to do it." I replied looking to him.

"Okay." He nodded with a smile. "Follow me. Beth is getting the supplies right now. Car can you come open this gate please?" He asked as the boy came out of the cell.

"You're not supposed to be out." He stated looking at me.

"It's fine. She'll stay with me. She'll go back after we're done." Hershel replied calmly. Carl sighed angrily before opening it. I know he was being cautious, but damn. What else could I possibly do? They took all my weapons and the medicine I had.

"I was thinking I could stitch up that leg of yours." Hershel said as he walked in and I followed. There was a white man with orange brown hair and a beard. His leg looked really jacked up. He was next to a black haired boy. In the back were two African Americans with black hair. One was a woman and the other was a man. I saw the guy from the prison group making food.

"Thank you." The man nodded as Hershel sat next to him.

"I have the supplies." Beth said past the gate. I walked over to grab them.

I took the bottle and took one pill out then closed it back up. "Only one per person." I replied as I took the rest of the supplies. There was gauze, tape, a small towel, and a pair of scissors on the inside. With some thread. I gave her the bottle and she smiled lightly before walking away.

When I walked back over to them the man had his leg up. "Wet that towel for me please." Hershel said not looking up from the cut. I put the rest down on the table over the small cloth so they wouldn't get desterilized.

I came back with the wet towel and a cup of water. "For the medicine. It's oxycodone so it helps with pain. It'll make the wound hurt less." I said to him as I gave him the pill and the water. He nodded once before taking it.

If it were me I wouldn't believe it, but to each their own. I sat on the other side of the mans leg on my knees. "It's like sewing." He started to explain to me. "You have to double the thread and knot it." He explained while doing so. "Cut as much as you need off then get the needle." He said as he started seeing up the man who winced lightly. Probably because we soaked it in alcohol before. He had the thread in with about an inch between each one.

"You make sure it's tight and then you tie a knot." He finished and then looked to me.

"So it's like sewing a patch." I stated looking to him.

"Yeah." He nodded. "And for the gauze you wrap it to make sure no air gets in and tape it." He said with a smile.

"I got that part." I smiled to him. He pulled some tape and I picked up the scissors. I saw Carl put his hand on his gun.

"Calm down sheriff." I said giving the scissors to Hershel as he took them. "Thanks for the lesson. I'll just go back to my cage now." I said angrily as Carl opened the gate and I walked to the room.

"Look I-" He started as he looked to me.

"Don't." I replied angrily as I sat on the bed. He closed the door and locked it behind me. I sighed angrily.