Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff

Hershel took some time to yell at Rick basically telling him to get his shit together. Rick walked out and Carl followed a little time after. I stayed in my cell for a while until they all started talking again. Wrote up my muncher count.

42.

I Rick came back seemingly closer to the surface of sanity. They talked- argued about Merle being there. It was more of Glenn wanting him to leave. I saw Michonne standing there.

"It'd be easier if we pretended we weren't here. We wait it out and hide somewhere far but close enough to know where to get back within a few hours. They'd think we were gone and they wouldn't be back." I said looking to her.

"And why didn't you say that?" She asked looking to me.

"Because I'm fourteen. They wouldn't listen." I replied looking to her.

Michonne nodded crossing her arms. "If you have something to say, you say it. You can't sit in the back and watch." She told me as I nodded.

"I'll say something next time." I nodded looking to her.

"Next time." She nodded back and then she walked away. I couldn't help but think she felt responsible for me. I could tell she cared for me but she had a motherliness about her. It made me wonder if she had kids.

"Come outside! Andreas coming up!" Carl said as he ran in then ran back out. I sincerely hoped that she was by herself because I New if she wasn't it would be over for her.

I ran out almost after everyone. Beth stayed inside with Hershel. I walked out and saw them with Andrea on the floor.

"What's going on?" I asked looking at Rick.

"We're making sure she's not gonna hurt us." He responded looking to me.

"Wasn't she a part of your group?" I asked confused. Don't y'all trust her anymore?" I looked to Michonne who looked at me in apology. There was something she wasn't telling me and I could see it. "Let's go." Rick said without answering me.

She walked in and hugged Carol. She said hello to everyone else as she wondered about everyone else. A man named Shane and a woman named Lori. They were both gone.

"She had a girl. Lori didn't survive." It made sense now. The woman Lori was the mom of Carl and Judith. She was with Rick.

Rick wouldn't let her past the cafeteria. Andrea explained how the governor said we shot first which was a lie. She talked about how she came as soon as she could and I believed her.

"What did you tell them?" Andrea asked looking to Michonne.

"Nothing." Michonne responded with a bit of anger.

"I don't get it. I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out?" Andrea asked looking to them. I knew they were worried about the governor but I also believed Andrea didn't understand the consequences of his actions or what his actions even were.

"He almost killed Michonne and he would have killed us." Glenn tried to explain to her.

"Yeah with his finger on the trigger." Andrea replied pointing to Merle. "Didn't he kidnap you and torture you?" She asked Glenn.

We all stayed quiet. We all new quite clearly that Glenn didn't want him here.

"Look I can't excuse or explain what Philip has done but I'm trying to work things out. So we can both live in peace." Andrea tried to explain but Rick wasn't taking it.