Chapter 28: Pretty Badass

Rick talked with the man about how to get there. Rick decided to take a different road just in case. He wanted to go at night so it'd be easy to get out if it was bad. The man tried to tell us that him driving the quickest route was safest but Rick was too cautious and wanted to go the extra length to make sure we were safe.

"It's gonna be a long trip. Everyone eat." Rick explained. "Get some rest if you can." He walked outside. I walked over to the food and grabbed a can of corn. I started eating and I sat in front of the guy.

"What was your name again?" I asked looking at him. Might as well start my act now.

"It's Aaron." He said with a small nod. I could tell he was worried.

"We've been through a lot, that's why he's being that way." I said to him with a small smile. "I'm sorry it makes you nervous."

"I just want to make it back safely and thank you-" He started.

"Lyla Rose." I answered as I ate some more.

"Lyla Rose. They don't say your name a lot." He said looking to me. I forgot he had been watching us.

"There's no reason to." I shrugged lightly. "I do what I'm supposed to. Do you need anything to drink or eat?"

"No I'm fine for now thanks." He nodded once.

"Okay well I'm gonna go rest up. We have a big night ahead of us." I smiled lightly and kindly. He smiled back with a nod as I walked over to Carl.

"What was that about?" Carl asked quietly.

"It's a thing I do." I replied as I ate some more food. He gave me a confused look. "I act innocent. It makes me seem less threatening."

"I've never seen you act that way." He said.

"You think I'm lying." I raised my eyebrows and smirked. "Ask Michonne about it. You'll be surprised." He rolled his eyes lightly as I walked away with a smirk still present on my face.

I ate my food and was sitting with Judith trying to get her to fall asleep. Carl came over and sat next to me. "You put a knife to her throat?" He asked as I started laughing. "Why is that funny?" He asked confused.

"You came over saying that without context." I smiled to him. "And yes. She needed some medicine for Andrea. I pretended to follow along so she wouldn't slice me in half and then I took the chance when I saw it." I replied with a shrug.

"That's pretty badass." He said with a nod.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "I'm pretty sure I was going crazy around then." I said as I held Judith's head to my chest.

Not long after they said we were leaving. I sat in the RV with everyone except Glenn, Rick, Michonne, and Aaron.

It was dark out and we drove for a while before Abraham slammed the breaks. "What's going on?" Sasha asked from the back with us.

"Walkers all over. We have to get somewhere safe." Abraham said as I got two knives out. Everyone else got their guns and Carl strapped Judith to his back.

We saw a flare gun shot go up and we went to it. It was near a warehouse.

There was a man on the ground surrounded. The others got them and looked at the man. "You're the group with Aaron right?" He asked looking at us.