Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked

Michonne started rolling away and I did the same. The governor got shot I think by Rick. I wasn't able to see what was going on. She headed to the back of the car to cut her rope off. I stayed on the side by the car. She got lose and she looked at me.

"I got you." She said as she untied my hands. She killed a man behind the car. "Take this." She said handing me the mans knife as I took it and she held the gun. "Run to the grass. Stay away. After this I'll find you okay?" She said quickly.

I heard the governor order them to destroy the fence and we hid behind the dead mans car. I looked to my left to see Hershel's head detached from his body completely. I started crying looking at him. He did nothing to deserve this.

I ran for the forest but there were too many walkers. I had no choice but to head for the prison. The others were too busy focusing on the main gate. I ran to the side door and ran in. I went towards the children's room from before.

I had to get them first. I went in and didn't see them. I hoped to God they were safe. I grabbed my bag and took out another knife. My journal, gun, blanket, and knives were inside. I ran out and saw Judith in a carrier crying with a baby bag next to her. I heard the gunshots and I saw a whole in the wall and walkers going for her.

I took a deep breath and I killed the ones around her. I picked her up with her stuff and ran. I didn't see any of the kids anywhere. I saw Beth run by and I couldn't speak. I wanted to talk but I couldn't. I was silent from shock. I followed but I lost her and more walkers were coming from that way.

I ran out and towards the woods just like Michonne told me before. There were so many walkers. I went into a tower. I got my blanket out and I wrapped Judy completely so I didn't have to hold her and so she'd be covered. She could breath still which I made sure of. I looked outside and all the walkers were walking toward the fire.

I got behind one and killed it before dragging it into the tower. Judith started crying again.

"I know it's smelly but I have to baby." I said rocking her lightly in my arms. "Just sleep and you'll be ok." I added as I looked to her. She stopped fussing after I rocked her and I put the guts on me. In my hair and around my body. I put extra around the blanket. I wasn't going to let them have her. I looked in my bag to see the pistol still loaded. I sighed and put it on my side pocket and held my knife.

I walked out and saw them all around me. I stayed quiet and Judith did to. It was a blessing. I walked for a while walkers around every side when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned quickly and saw Carol.

My eyes widened as I looked to her. She smiled lightly. Judith whined slightly but I rocked her and she stayed quiet. Carol looked down and motioned for us to walk. We kept going until it was to talk.

"Lyla Rose what happened here?" She asked looking at me.

"The governor found a new group. He threatened us, cut off Hershel's head, and then attacked." I said looking to her trying not to cry again. "I saw Judy by herself in a carrier so I picked her up and her bag, got the guts, and then ran. Michonne said she'd meet me in the woods but I didn't see her and there were to many around and she was fussy."

"It's ok. I tracked some footprints this way. I think some others made it out and went this way." She answered as I nodded.

"One sec." I said as I opened the bag and got outa pacifier. I gave it to Judith and kept walking. "We only have enough formula and crushed fruit and veggies for about two weeks hoping that they don't go bad before then. We need to find some food for us and her."

"Yeah." Carol nodded. "We will follow these tracks and hopefully we will find someone." She smiled. "Everything is gonna be okay."

"Are you sure?" I asked looking to her. "I don't know who is alive right now. It scares the living crap out of me."