Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies

"Okay." I nodded. "I'm gonna grab Judith okay?" I asked looking at her cautiously. She had blood all over her.

"Yeah." She nodded. I picked Judith up and held her. "I was thinking we could give her the treats when she wakes up. Kind of like a present." She said looking at me.

"Yeah. Sure. We can do that." I nodded. I was too scared. My gun was inside and I couldn't go after her because she'd stab me too. I held Judith close and saw Carol and Tyresse coming back. I looked to them with wide eyes as they ran over.

"Don't worry." Lizzie smiled lightly. "She'll come back. I didn't hurt her brain." Carol looked at me and I shook my head lightly. Carol reached for the knife and Lizzie dropped it pulling out her gun. "No no no! We have to wait." She explained. "Right Lyla Rose?"

"Uh, I- Lizzie wants to wait for her to wake up so she can have some of the cookies I made. I went inside to make them and-and Lizzie did this while I was in there and sh-she wanted me to wait too. She wants us to see her so we understand." I said as I held onto Judith tightly.

"Lizzie put the gun down." Tyresse instructed quietly.

"I just want us to wait." She said looking to him.

"We will wait. Just give me the gun." Carol said whimpering lightly. "We can wait I swear." Lizzie gave her the gun. "You go with Lyla Rose and Tyresse and Judith. It's not safe for her out here. You should go eat some of those cookies."

"But Judith and Lyla Rose can change too. Before Lyla Rose walked back out, I was about to-" she started looking to her in my arms.

"-she can't even walk yet." Carol said looking at Lizzie.

"Yeah you're right." Lizzie nodded lightly as if it was obvious. "Lyla Rose did you want to change?" She asked looking at me.

"No, not yet." I answered hoping she wouldn't get upset. "I want to wait until I'm older so I'm- Im better." I said trying to reason with her.

"That's a good idea." She smiled to me as I nodded. I could feel tears coming up.

"So you three should go inside with Judith and we will eat some cookies and have lunch. I'll just tie Mika up you know? So she won't go anywhere. Then we will come back out and you'll show us." Carol explained.

"Promise that's what you'll do?" Lizzie asked her with a sigh. Carol nodded. I knew she wasn't going to let Mika turn, but Lizzie didn't need to know that.

"I promise. I'll use her shoe laces." She said looking from me to Tyresse.

"Okay, ma'am." She nodded as Tyresse guided her in. I shook while I held Judith. She was just a kid. Mika didn't deserve it and Lizzie was crazy. I didn't know how to process that. I was scared out of my mind.

Lizzie kept looking back at Carol who smiled. We got into the house and Tyresse took Lizzie to get cleaned up and put her in a safe room away from weapons. I cried after I put Judith in her crib. If I would've just stayed, I could've saved Mika.

Carol walked in with her eyes puffy too. "Are you okay?" She asked as she hugged me.

"I'm sorry for leaving them out there by themselves. Mika wanted cookies and I-" I started to say as tears fell.

I just was making some fucking cookies.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have known. I'm just glad you could keep Judith safe and yourself safe." Carol said as she hugged me. I hugged her back and I could tell she was trying not to cry.