Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom

Another day went by. We were okay for what had happened. Michonne was back, but Glenn was still out there and she wasn't sure if he made it. The teacher was amongst the group of people who didn't make it, along with Mikey. It was back to three teens. Carl, me, and Ron who was acting very emo lately.

Carl and I were concerned. We know he was probably upset about Enid leaving. That's why I was thinking he didn't want to come inside because he didn't want her to go. He did seem pissed so it made sense.

We were inside playing with Judith when we noticed everyone getting together outside. We left Judy with Carol and headed to see what was up. I heard lots of growls and moans and quickly realized there were walkers outside. It was really good that they decided to immediately fix the wall from where the truck had been. I saw Rick and he was sweating like crazy.

"You hear it. Some of you saw it. They got back here, half of them." Rick said as he got in front of everyone. "Still enough to surround us 20 deep." My heart beat quickly. I took a deep breath. There were hundreds out there and there wasn't enough of us to deal with that.

"Look I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this, but we're safe for now. The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way the wall's gonna hold together. Can you?" He asked looking at everyone.

The people here, the ones that stayed back from dealing with the walkers at the canyon, they were weaker, and they knew that. I worried for them- if they could make it at all.

"The others, they're gonna be back." Rick stated.

"They're gonna be back." Rosita reassured quickly.

"Daryl, Abraham, Sasha they have vehicles. They're gonna lead em away, just like the others. And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk through the front gate after. They know what they're doing, and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum, pull out blinds at night, or even better keep the lights out." He explained. "We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on."

It was scary to be this way. It reminded me of what Woodbury was like. I played with my hair with my hand when I felt my other hand being held. It was Carl. I didn't need to look to know. I held it back and kept looking at Rick.

"This place is a graveyard." Francesca a short haired woman answered. Rick looked to her.

"The quarry broke open and those walkers were heading this way." Aaron walked forward. "All of them. The plan that Rick put into place stopped that from happening. He got half of them away. I was out there recruiting with Daryl. I wanted to try and get into a cannery and scavenge, and Daryl wanted to keep looking for people. We did what I wanted and we wound up in a trap set up by those people and I lost my pack. They must've followed our tracks. Those people who attacked us found their way back because of me." Aaron explained as everyone looked at him like they were betrayed. He messed up and even if he didn't mean to it still caused people to die.

"There'll be more to talk about." Rick nodded once looking to Morgan.

"Deanna?" Rick asked looking at her as she walked away. "Deanna?" He asked louder but she didn't turn around. Rick left and everyone spread.

"So what are you thinking?" Carl asked as he looked at me.

"All those walkers- Enid might've been caught and we don't even know where Glenn is or if the heard is still going. Just a lot to be worried about." I shook my head looking at the ground.

"Don't worry so much." He told me as I looked at him.

"You say it like it's easy to do." I crossed my arms looking at him.