Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up

I woke up and Carl was still asleep. I sat up and noticed some others awake. Rick was sitting with Judith who was playing with the blanket. Michonne was looking through stuff along with Rosita, Tara, and Eugene.

I stood up and walked over to my flannel as quick as possible and put it on. I noticed Rosita looking at me. She saw. There was no way she didn't.

"You good?" She asked quietly as I nodded and buttoned up my flannel. She gave me a questioning look.

"I'm fine." I said as I walked over to Judith. I played with her a little bit. Carl woke up not long after and Rick instructed for him to get some of the wood to fix the door up to make it stronger.

I turned around and heard the door open. "Hey guys." Maggie said as she walked in. A man followed behind her and then Sasha. I grabbed Judith and I stood by the wall as the others looked at the man.

"He's by himself and we already took his weapons." He said as Daryl searched him again. Most of everyone had their guns pointed at him.

"Hi." The man said as Judith started crying. I rocked her lightly in my arms while Carl came over and rubbed her head lightly.

"It's nice to meet you." The man said as he held out his hand. Rick clicked his gun and he put his hand back up.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick said as Maggie handed it to him. It was a gun, but I don't know what kind. "Is there something you need?" Rick asked looking to him.

"He has a camp nearby. He wants us to audition for membership." Sasha explained looking to him.

"I wish there was a better word. Audition makes it sound like we are some sort of dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights." He laughed lightly with his hands still up. He looked friendly, but so did the governor.

He shook his head lightly as no one laughed. How could we? Strangers were awful nowadays. "Uh it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me to my home." He explained. "I know. If I were you I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha can you hand Rick my pack?" He asked looking to her.

How did he know the names? They must've told him.

"Front pocket, there's an envelope. There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those. I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found an old camera store-" he started.

"Nobody gives a shit." Daryl interrupted as I smiled lightly. What an asshole-y thing to say. I looked at the pictures. The place looked nice but there were none of people.

"You're absolutely 100% right." He said as he nodded lightly. He was a kind man, I'll give him that. The man talked about the community. They had walls and solar panels and large houses. He said that we could make their community even stronger.

It was a good bait. I wanted to fall for it. It sounded like civilization. Rick started walking over to him and he punched him knocking him out.

"Jesus." I said quietly as I looked at the man on the floor. Carol and Glenn got him and tied him up.

Rick gave orders to everyone on what to do. He instructed me to hold Judith and check the bag with Carl. He opened it and I saw some applesauce and a flare gun which caught my eye.

"What is this?" Carl asked looking at me.

"A flare gun. It puts a light in the air to give away your location." I explained looking at it. "So he's not alone."