Chapter 21: Away

We stopped by the road so I could draw a map for everyone. "We are on the 78. If you go down that road, Milledge ave." I pointed to my left. "You'll get to Prince Avenue. Um the hardware store is that way next two bars." I explained trying to remember everything.

"They probably had some weapons in there. North Lumpkin street is straight ahead to the left most of the shops are in there lots of clothes and food. If you follow lumpkin south you'll pass Carlton street where Pharmacy South is which is where my mom worked. It's right outside of Georgia College but it's also part of it. All of the pharmacy things are that was except for the two small hospitals behind us." I drew a line.

"Down lumpkin road you'll see Waffle House. Turn left there then at university drive and I live in the third house down, but I'll be there to guide you."

"So how should we get to each place?" Rick asked looking to me.

I looked to the map and thought about it a sec. "The hospitals behind us are mostly for soon to be mothers and for students and they were emptied before everything started." I explained. I looked at the map and looked around at everyone.

"We split into three groups. One group heads left and searches stores there. It's the more important and structural stores so bring a lot of bags. Another group goes to North Lumpkin down the street. There is all the basic essentials so it's not a lot of heavy stuff. The third group goes to my house. It needs to be bigger then the others so we can get more of the medicine. We will go right here on Milledge and then we will go back up to the medical area. Everyone meet there when we are done." I explained looking up. I sighed lightly before taking a deep breath.

"What is it?" Michonne asked looking to me.

"When we left, the walkers were coming from the university which is down the street from the medical buildings. We were rated level 8 catastrophe because they were there but they blew it up. There could be a lot of them still there though." I said looking up to them.

"Then we will stay quiet. No one use guns if you can. It'll draw them out towards all of us." Glenn suggested as I nodded lightly.

"Good then." I said as I gave the map to Rick. "Oh and back up plan." I said looking to everyone. "If the pharmacy is too crowded meet at the elementary school. It's right in between the pharmacy and my house on Lumpkin. No one allowed the people to go into it after it started so there shouldn't be anyone there."

"Alright then let's get on it. We have about two hours of daylight so that's enough time to find essentials. Food first, weapons second, and extras third. When you get to the pharmacy area meet us. We will all split up again and go into the separate buildings. If it's safe we will head to the elementary school anyway. Is it gated?"

"Yeah." I nodded once. ((If you live there I know it isn't gated but for the sake of fiction I'm making it. But also I don't live there and I found all this stuff about it on google maps so give me some cred fam 😂))

"Then we will definitely go there eventually. They might have stuff for Judith. Michonne, Carl, Carol, you are with us and Judith." Rick said looking to us.

"I'll take Rosita, Eugene, and Tara to the shopping center. It's safer then the rest." The man named Abraham explained. He was big like Tyresse but he was Caucasian and a ginger.

"I'll go with them." Daryl nodded once.

"That leaves Maggie, Glenn, Bob, Sasha, and Tyresse. Y'all head to the hardware stores." Rick nodded.