Chapter 20: 1

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) okay this meme was an accident too but like lol 21

"I can clean this cooler out and we can put her in." I said looking to Tyresse as he nodded as he took of his bag and handed me a blanket. I folded it up and he put her in. She smiled up to him as he looked at her.

"Does she have a name?" The man asked.

"Yes." I answered looking at him. It was quiet for a second.

"What is it?" He asked looking at me.

"Judith." I answered simply.

"Is she one of you guys daughter or something?" He asked looking to me.

"She's a friend." Tyresse answered looking at Judith.

"Huh. I don't have any friends. I know people but they're just assholes. You guys friends with that woman?" He asked as Tyresse stayed quiet.

"She's my friend." I replied looking to him.

He started talking mainly to Tyresse. "Why haven't you killed me yet?" I heard after a while and it drew my ears. "Why don't you take the car, the girl, and the baby and go? I really don't want to do this today." He said as he smacked his gum.

Tyresse and I were kind of the same. We never killed anyone and we never wanted to. We wanted everything to just go back to being how it was before, but with every minute that dream was going away.

We heard a big explosion and Tyresse and I looked outside.

"Is that Terminus?" The man asked.

"Yeah probably." Tyresse and answered as the man kept smacking his gum. It was annoying.

"Maybe you will win this. Maybe your friend- I mean that woman just got demolished." He guessed smacking still. "Maybe I'm the one who gets capped when she gets back."

"No ones gotta die today." Tyresse said looking or the window. From the looks of it people probably already were.

"Man if you believe that then it's definitely gonna be you and the kids." He scoffed lightly.

"Your chances are much higher than ours. Can you spit that out?" I asked looking at him.

"I might as well enjoy it just in case it's my final moments you know?" He shrugged lightly. I rolled my eyes and looked to Tyresse.

"We might have to." I said quietly looking to him.

"Not yet. We'll wait." He nodded looking to me. I knew I had his respect. I also had a feeling that if things did go to shit, he'd want me to handle killing this man.

I don't know if I'm ready.

We waited for anything. The smoke was still black and I wasn't sure who was alive.

We saw walkers coming out of the woods and we hoped they didn't hear us. Tyresse and I ran to the windows cautiously. We heard the man shuffle and we turned around. He was holding Judith. He was threatening her.

"Back off. Back off!" He warned as he held her and she cried.

"Put your weapons down and kick them over. Right now!" He yelled as the walkers banged on the window. We both bent down and took our weapons from our pockets. I shakily reached in my boot for my gun and put it in my back pocket while I took out my knife and threw it towards him.

The gun would be quickest.

"Please." Tyresse said.

"That's all we have. Don't hurt her." I said as we both left our hands up.