Chapter 9: Shit

We got to a dusty restaurant. We all cleaned a section of the door to see a whole bunch of dead ones on the floor. Carl tried to open the door and Michonne stopped him. Carl started to walk away. "Do you really think I'd let you in there?"

"I just think it's none of your business. You don't know me. You don't know my dad. You don't even-" He said before being interrupted.

"I came out here to help." Michonne answered.

"You came out here for common interest." He answered looking at her frustrated. "We have the same enemy and the same problem and that's why you're here. That's it. This is important. I'm going to do this. And I know how I can. You can't stop me." He looked to Michonne then me.

"Fine. Then tell me what you are looking for." I said looking at him. He tried to walk around me. "Tell me what you're looking for." I repeated with more sternness in my voice. "You might be able to keep us from stopping you but who says we won't help."

"It's a picture. It's hung up by the bar." He said looking to me.

I nodded. "Then we'll go get that picture together." I replied as he sighed lightly.

"I'll go get some of those rats to distract the munchers inside. Wanna help?" I asked looking at him. He nodded once and we headed to the speared area.

"Munchers?" He asked looking to me.

"It's what they do. Their main goal is to eat." I replied looking to him.

"But it should be walkers. The main thing they do is walk." He replied as we got some of the rats and skateboards.

"Maybe." I shrugged. "But we walk too." I replied.

He shook his head. "Touché." He said as he started walking. "But we eat too." He replied from in front of me. I chuckled lightly for a split second and then kept walking there. Michonne opened the door and we pushed the rats in as they started making more noise.

The munchers went for the rats and we were able to get around them. We ran to the bar and Carl quietly stood on top to get the picture. A muncher grabbed his leg and I quickly stabbed its head. Michonne looked at me with a finger over her lips as I slowly and quietly pulled the knife out.

Carl got down and we headed for the door when we saw a rat walk towards us.

Shit.

Just then a bunch of the walkers came for us. We ran towards the back and saw another few. Carl shot one and Michonne got the other. We went around the other way and back to the door. We got out and Carl dropped the picture but we had to close the door or else they'd get out.

"I dropped it." He breathed looking at us.

"Where?" Michonne asked but he disregarded the question.

"We have to get it. I have to get it. It's the only one left!" He said loudly. Michonne looked at him. It'd be hard to get it with all the munchers in the way. "Fine." He said trying to push past her.

"Not like this. I don't know you. I get that. Lyla Rose gets that. But you two both need to wait here." Michonne said looking to him solely.

"I can help." Carl said looking at Michonne.

"No. And no more bullshit. You wait here. That's how we get it done." She demanded sternly. Carl took her place at the door and she ran around the back.

"I know you say she came for "common interest,"" I said putting finger quotes up. ", but she came to help too. So did I. If it was just common interest we wouldn't have offered to be helping right now. Especially Michonne." I said looking to him as he just looked at the floor.