Chapter 14: Not My Dad

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) memes bro

After hanging out with Carl I went to bed. I woke up to screaming and yelling the next morning. I reached under my bed to grab my knife and I got up.

I saw a woman running. I think her name was Cara. She came from Woodbury. "What's wrong?" I asked looking at her quickly.

"Biters in the D block." She breathed frightened as I nodded. I let her go and ran toward.

"Lyla stop!" I heard Rick from behind me.

"Why? They need help in there." I said as I kept going. He caught up to me and grabbed my shoulder preventing me from moving.

"You stay here. I'll take care of it. Make sure everyone else gets away somewhere safe." He said as I nodded.

"They're in d block." I replied as he ran. I ran towards the main dining hall. I looked to the gate to see Michonne fighting two walkers.

"Shit!" I whisper yelled as I quickly ran over. Maggie and Carl were there too. Carl got the horse out while Maggie went for Michonne. I held the gate open so they could get in.

"Let's go!" I said to Maggie as she helped up Michonne and took out the walkers near her with her pistol. I closed the gate and Michonne limped in.

Michonne whimpered lightly as she limped in with Maggie on her side. I looked at her foot. "You probably sprained it or twisted it. Dr. S'll know." I said as I got the gate shut and Maggie helped her in.

Walkers started lining up on the fence again. "We have to get someone on that." I sighed lightly as I closed the second gate and Carl walked next to Michonne too.

"We will figure it out after we get her up to a safe place." Maggie explained as we slowly walked up. I walked with them until we saw Rick. Carl let go of Michonne almost dropping her but I took his side quickly as he ran to hug his dad.

Carl told his dad about having to use the gun even though he didn't want to. He was on the verge of tears at this point because he was worried. Rick said to not get close anymore after Carl hugged him. Michonne explained what happened and Rick nodded.

"What happened in there?" Maggie asked as a woman walked outside with a child sized body limp in her hands. I covered my mouth lightly.

"Patrick got sick last night. It's some kind of flu. It moves fast. We think he died and attacked the cell block." Rick explained as I looked to Carl. He looked hurt but he wasn't bawling which was good. "I know he was friends with you both. I'm sorry. He was a good kid and we lost a lot of good people." Rick explained still processing everything that went on.

"Glenn and your dad are okay, but they were in there. You shouldn't get to close to anyone that was exposed at least for a little while." Rick explained as Carl walked back over to us. "Carl, Lyla Rose. All of you okay?" He said as we both nodded. We both wanted to help but we knew we wouldn't be able to.

"And what about Dr. S?" I asked once before we left.

"He's in there so you should take care of Michonne okay?" He asked with a nod as I nodded back.

We helped her up the stairs to where there were supplies. Carl took my place and helped Michonne up to our room. I grabbed a foot wrap and a small pillow. I walked to the room and remembered about the walkers on the fence.

I walked into see Maggie with her. "Hey we have to get the fence." I said to Maggie.

"Shit. I forgot." Maggie said as she ran out. Beth walked in.