Chapter 33: A Killer

"Is that-" I asked looking at Carl.

"My dad." He finished as we ran over.

I think it was Pete, on top of Rick choking him. Jessie tried to stop it but Pete punched her in the face. Rosita went to help her. They flipped and Rick was on top.

Carl ran over to him. "Dad stop!" Carl yelled as Rick pushed him down. I went to Carl and he got up with ease.

"You okay?" I asked concerned. He nodded not sure what to do about the situation.

Pete was back over and I ran over. Deanna was yelling at them to stop. They were grunting to loudly to hear me. I quickly positioned myself and knocked him out. Rick said something to him but I couldn't hear it.

Pete laid there unconscious and I went back over to Carl. "You gotta get my dad too." Carl said as I nodded lightly. He was acting a little crazy. I started walking over as well as some others before he pulled a gun up and faced it towards Tobin, one of the residents.

"You gonna kick me out?" He said looking at them with his gun still up. I couldn't go when he was like that. Not unless I was really careful, I also really didn't want to accidentally get shot.

"Put that gun down Rick." Deanna said with her hands up slightly.

He breathed heavily. I took a step forward. "You still don't get it." He said looking to them. I was about to step again but he turned around. "None of you do!" He said looking at the Alexandrians. "We know what needs to be done and we do it." He said turning back around as I took another quiet step. "Were the ones who live. You you just sit plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know me but you don't. Do you wish things weren't as they are? Do you want this place to stay standing?" He asked. "You're way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you- you want them to. Starting right now we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here." He said pointing his gun at the unconscious Pete. I hoped he didn't kill him.

"That's never been more clear to me then it is right now." Deanna said looking at him. I took another step forward. I was half way from Carl to him by now.

"Me? Me? You- you want to get rid of me." He let out a chuckled scoff. "Your way is going to destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed, it already got people killed. I'm not gonna stand and let that happen."

I looked over to see Michonne running towards us. She looked directly at me. I pointed to my elbow and then I pointed to my temple.

"If you don't fight you die! I'm not gonna stand by-" He exclaimed before Michonne came running in and knocked him out. She picked up his gun and looked to Deanna.

"We need to get them both somewhere away from each other and get them patched up." Deanna said.

"Rosita and I can patch them up. I'll start with Pete. He'll wake up sooner." I replied looking to Deanna who nodded. We moved him to the medical room and I looked at his face. They got me patches for the blood and a wet cloth.

I didn't know what it was about but whatever it was Rick must've had reason for doing it. I hoped he did at least.

I was with Rosita. She was there to watch which was understandable. I cleaned his face off and put some of the patches on when he started to wake up.

"You're okay." I said calmly looking at him as he was still in a fighting state of mind. "I'm just patching you up."

"You came with him. Both of you! Get away from me!" He yelled as he punched me in the face. I wasn't sure if he was just flailing or he meant it. I fell down on the ground and Rosita came over and knocked him out again. The way I taught her.