A Letter Before The Wedding

Minela opened a letter, which she knew was sent to her by her to be husband. She thought he was quite handsome, with a chiselled jawline and an athletic body. She often blushed at the thought of him. The first day she saw him, she knew she had a crush on him. She also liked his manners, the way he was politely talking to her parents, the way he would open the door for her or take out the chair for her. She liked the way he (rarely) smiled at her though she agreed the  boy lacked enthusiasm. She looked at the envelope her hands shaking with excitement. What could he have written for me? She wondered. She opened the envelope carefully and started reading. The handwriting somehow seemed familiar, though she was sure she didn't know his handwriting.

Dear Minela,

As you know we are getting  married soon so I wish to make everything clear before we proceed. You are an intelligent and independent young person so I will not wish for you to change all these. I, however would like to notify you that I am not at all happy with this wedding for I would prefer to devote my life to business and live like a free bird. I don't care if you form ties with other men and I expect the same from you, you should not care if after our wedding, you see me with other women. Don't expect me to devote everything to you once we are married because, I will never once consider this marriage more than a burden. I hope you understand and respect my decision, I remind you that I do not need a clingy wife. After our wedding , we will share only the house not anything more nor less. You will be given food clothes and a bedroom and anything a young lady like you would need. Assuming that you agree to  all theses conditions, I wish you a very good day. See you tomorrow.

Your future husband.

AUTHOR 'S NOTE:

Thanks for your support. If your little finger is itching to press that little star at the bottom, you're amazing!

Once again....A huge thanks to @artiologie