Diving deeper into the incognizance

The majestic sun illuminated Minela's pale skin, giving it a golden like glow. She woke up and realised Ariven wasn't there. She saw  a note on the nightstand.

"I'm sorry. You looked so cute so I didn't wake you up." She groaned when she realised it was 9:00 and she had a meeting at ten o'clock.  She hurried to the bathroom and skipped breakfast.

"Ma'am should  I pack your lunch?" Gargoisse asked.

"It's okay. I'll have something there." She said before hurrying to the office. She cursed when she realised it was already 10:05 a.m. Everyone gave her a look of shock, knowing that she is never late.

"Good morning ma'am, don't worry, I rescheduled your meeting, after Mr. Ariven's instructions,  to 14:00 if that's okay with you. I've already notified Mr. Stockings about the change of plans." Her PA told her as soon as she arrived.

"Okay. Thank you." She smiled. Ariven always has everything planned.

After the meeting was over, Ishfaaq came to speak to Minela.

"Hello, Minela. I...uh...wanted to apologise for my previous behaviour. Now that we're going to have  a deal, I wish we are more cordial with each other."

"Having a deal means we're going to be more professional, Mr. Stockings. I'd prefer if you call me Mrs. Watson. "

"Oh...of course, Mrs. Watson. I'm looking forward to continue working with you."

"Same Mr. Stockings, I guess I should apologise as well. It would be better if we work on good terms."

He smiled at her, touching her shoulders and she instantly shoved his hands away.

"I'd rather you don't touch me unnecessarily, Mr. Stockings."

"Oh, yes...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Good afternoon to you too, Mr. Stockings. "

"Please don't misunderstand me, I actually didn't think you would-" He pleaded.

"You may go."

"Apologies again Mrs. Watson."

"You may leave now." She just said.

___________________________

Minela  zoned out when an add about baby diapers appeared on her screen. She closed her eyes and removed a cutter from her drawer. Should I? She wiped sweat from her forehead and swiftly went to close her office door. Nothing could compare to the pain she was currently feeling, not even a simple blade. Her breath quickened. She hadn't done it since a long time. She ran her fingers along the blade, checking it's sharpness. She opened her jeans. Just then her phone rang. Seeing the caller ID, she started crying. It was Ariven. What am I doing! She calmed herself down and answered the call.

"H-Hello." Her voice trembled.

"Hey sweetheart, are you okay?"

"Yes." She tried to keep her voice steady, tears streaming down her face. She hiccupped.

"Are you crying? What's wrong? I'm coming right now." When he arrived, Minela was a mess. The blades had been put back in her drawer and she sat with her legs up on the sofa in her office. Ariven quickly went to her sides.

"Can I touch you, baby?"

"Ariven, I'm sorry." She cried.  Minela wasn't usually the kind to break down in her office, where she knew her employees could see her. She knew how to control her emotions in public and she was even better at it than Ariven so Ariven knew that she must have been really broken to act like that even if she was at work.