Discovering perfidy 3

The day after, Ariven and Minela were back home. It was 3:00p.m. Coincidentally, Ariven and Minela had come home earlier than usual. Ariven still hadn't told Minela who he suspected and they had somehow avoided the topic the whole day and Ariven knew that Minela wanted to just let it go. They were together now, that was the most important part. Minela couldn't think of anyone to suspect so she decided to let it rest. However Ariven was still adamant; he was not ready to let things rest. He already suspected someone but he just needed proof.

"Minela, you remember me asking you whether you were given anything traditional when we got married? Did you get a diary?" He asked, approaching Minela who was watering her lilies.

"Umm yeah your mom gave me this old diary where all the daughter-in-laws had made the entries of their wedding night, why?"

"Can I see it?"

"You're not supposed to read it Ariven, it's for the daughter in laws only."

"The fuck Minela just give it to me!"

"Why?" She asked curiously.

"I want to see if someone's handwriting matches the letter." He stated. Minela gave him a look of shock.

"Oh gosh, Ariven, you're not suspecting your mom, are you? She was the one who wanted us married the most. Why would she do that?" She asked, surprised and a little bit angry at Ariven for suspecting Nipine.

"Just give it to me." He raised his voice.

Minela rolled her eyes but she finally gave it to him. From his grandfather's grandmother to his wife. They had all made entries in that diary. Most of them had written something typical as:

Today is my first day as Mrs. Watson and I'm so happy that my parents have chosen such a handsome, polite , loving and caring man for me.

His blue twinkling eyes, his dazzling white teeth , his sculptured body and most important of all, his nice attitude towards me mesmerized me from the first sight. He makes me feel like I'm the only one for him just like he is for me. Without him, my life would me a mistake. I love him so much that it scares me, what will I do without him? - Jovia Watson. (Ariven's late grandma)

He is much older than me but that's what attracted him to me. His maturity along with immaturity is what made me love him. He is a man who knows how to dominate his prey and that's what makes me admire him. -Younee Watson.

He loves me for who I am; l love him for who he is... l hope we are able to make our relationship fly higher than an eagle. If he has a lacking and so do I, so what? Relationship is about tolerance and compromise. We'll use our lacking as a strength instead of a weakness.- Nipine Watson.

People say that qualities were never enough for women. We always want more. This is greed. If he is rich, the wife asks 'why is he not handsome?' If he is handsome, the wife asks, ' why is he not rich?' But if he is both would it be greedy to ask for more qualities? -Minela ■(The G was cut) Watson.

"There! " Ariven pointed at a handwriting. He took the letter and compared them as anger filled his eyes.

"I should've known! "