Unexpected happenings

Minela opened the door of her magnificent  mansion. The wooden door opened effortlessly,  without any sound. The mansion was dark. Strange. Her footsteps echoed as she walked towards the light switch. When she begun to walk, her foot touched  a piece of paper. She opened it.

I'm sorry.

Who could this be?

She turned it to see:

Follow the spoons.

Just then, Minela noticed multicoloured glittering  little plastic spoons which were about 2 centimetres long scattered into a line as if guiding Minela towards something. She started following the spoons. Why am I even doing this? Is it even for me? She silently hoped that this was not some stupid romantic dinner that Ariven had planned for Koshi. The spoons lead her to their small  balcony which had the perfect view of the sunset and the tea plantation found behind their house.

Unlike what Minela was expecting, there was no lavish decoration but a small fancy red lamp on the small table. The view of the sunset was breathtaking.

"Ahem." Minela turned to see Ariven smiling genuinely at her, for the first time. He held Minela's hand, his expression suddenly turning serious.

"I know that I have never been a good husband to you but I don't want to be a bad husband to you either. I know, we had a deal about no feelings involved and I am not planning to break the deal but that doesn't mean we should treat each other like shit. Heck, I'm the one who treated you like crap, yesterday and I'm sorry.  I swear I don't know what possessed me to act like that."

When Minela didn't reply, he continued,  " You know I would never harm you right?" He approached her, tilting her head towards him, with his fingers.

"Are you apologising Ariven? " He nodded.

"When did my feelings start to matter to you? Have you finally decided take your role as a husband seriously,  or what?" She asked harshly, narrowing her eyes at him, putting her hands on his chest but not pushing him quite yet.

He gripped her waist.

"I ....I never said we should start acting lovey dovey  like a couple...We have never been close and I won't start having feelings for you out of the blue. I.....your feelings don't matter...I mean they do...but- huh... I am just apologising for my behaviour, during Akhimbem, last night." His voice was soft, as if he was trying to be extra careful not to scare her away.

"I see." Minela stated coldly.

"Look Minela...we may not be actually husband and wives but I thought it would be better if we start acting like decent human beings towards each other-"

"Oh really? After years of treating me like trash, now you want to start acting like decent human beings?" She asked sarcastically.

"Umm...well I'm sorry for my behaviour towards you. I never meant to make you feel like trash."

"Keep it Ariven. I want nothing to do with you." She said harshly.

"Um yes I understand. I sincerely want to apologise for yesterday-"

"Okay" she stated coldly.

"You forgive me?"

"Did you even give her what we chose for her?" Koshi intervened, appearing out of nowhere.

She guided Minela towards the small table on which a large glass full of strawberry ice cream was placed. Minela didn't only like ice cream, she was OBSESSED with ice cream,  especially strawberry.

"Is this for me!?" She almost jumped on the chair, her mood suddenly improving.

So he did all the 'spoons show' just to guide her towards this? Okay maybe these two are not totally sane. Minela thought.

"No it's for your stupid chamaleon there. What made you think it's yours?"

"You just shut up! " She said as she swallowed a spoonful, "and our chamaleon is not stupid! "

"So we're forgiven?" Koshi asked.

"We? I was never angry at you, Koshi. I was just pissed off at Ariven. "

"And why's that? " (yes, Koshi didn't know why Minela was angry. Ariven just told her she was mad at both of them and Koshi didn't bother asking why and insisted (almost forced) Ariven to  plan all this to pacify Minela.

"Ask your  best friend. " She rolled her eyes.

"Forget it... did you forgive Ariven then? An angry Minela is no fun. "

"As if she is ever fun." Ariven sarcastically commented, causing Koshi to slap his back and Minela to roll her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ ~ ~

Minela and Ariven were back in their room, on their bed. Minela turned her back to Ariven so he grabbed her waist, not pulling her to him because that would be awkward.  They usually tried to maintain a certain distance between them when they slept. (Keyword: tried )

"You forgave me right? " He sighed when Minela nodded and he drifted off to sleep. Minela waited until she confirmed that he was asleep and took her phone and went on the terrace, downstairs. She called someone.

"Cancel the plan. "

"Why? What?"

"I want to wait for a little."

"What do you want to wait for it's been 3 years!"

"Just be patience okay. We'll speak about this when we meet."

"Fine."

AUTHOR ' S NOTE:

I know you might be confused about the scene between Ariven and Koshi in the previous chapter. (That was my aim actually).  So let me make this clear___Ariven and Koshi were not having sex. They were just  'innocently' tasting ice creams. Remember how I kept referring to the ice cream as 'it' or 'cream'?

Got you? -_- you dirty minded pervs!😂no offence.

Love you all.💕

Wait is it the first time that I'm writing such a long note?
Progress...I'm proud of me!

Please don't forget to  vote , share and comment (if you've  liked the story so far and if you don't like then I'm sorry that there is no dislike button)

Serious questions :

1.To what extent do you hate Koshi and why? Or do you like her?

2. What are your feelings about Ariven?

3. Do you think Minela is boring? (I personally think she is😁)

4. Do you think Boshotch will be a villain?

5. Do you want Ariven and Minela to finally stay together at the end?