You know nothing about love.

"Minela what's the matter with you, I've been noticing for about two weeks now, you have been avoiding me! I've been trying to give you time but this is getting out of hand, it feels like we're going back to how we were during the first years of our wedding. " Ariven said. It was still early in the morning and both of them were getting ready for work. Minela felt a huge pang of guilt in her chest when she saw the hurt expression on his face. What was she even doing that for? Her useless ex who had wanted to rape her? She had to tell him but she was getting late for work. She had decided, it was over now. Even though how much she rejected him, he'd never try to force her to do anything. What had made her believe something as despicable as that? She suddenly realised how selfish she had been. She had to change that.

"I'm getting late." She replied dumbly, making Ariven smash a glass in frustration as soon as she left.

_________________________

Ariven was in his office, contemplating whether to ask his guards about Minela. I promised myself, I wouldn't use the guards to spy on her. He thought.  She wasn't cheating on him, was she? No, she's not like that! He told himself.

Despite his subconscious mind refusing him, he dialled his guards number.

"Hello, Sir. We're currently outside Ma'am's office." Fex said as he answered.

"Has she met anyone suspicious lately?"

"No, Sir she hasn't."

"Does she go anywhere except her office? "

"No, Sir. She always leaves straight from home and heads directly to her office."

He sighed when he heard that. At least she wasn't cheating. He quickly hung.

Just a few minutes later, when he was busy reading a contract with his lawyer, his secretary called.

"Hello Sir, someone wants to meet you but he doesn't have an appointment, I told him he needed to book an appointment first but he insisted you know him."

"What's his name?"

"Zayan Makhandi." His blood boiled at the mention of his name.

"Send him in."

Ariven gave his lawyer a look and he understood he was no longer needed at present.

Shortly after his lawyer left, Zayan entered. When he tried to sit down, Ariven kicked the chair he was about to sit on.

"I never told you to sit." He stated calmly. Zayan fearfully looked at Ariven. He was nothing compared to Ariven. Ariven easily dwarfed Zayan.  He began regretting his decision of going there.

"I...uh..." He stuttered, suddenly forgetting what he was here for. Ariven gave him a severe look and he almost trembled. Nobody could blame him. Ariven was very intimidating indeed and anyone who didn't know him would think he was a ruthless and cruel person.

"You might think I'm the enemy here, but trust me I'm not. I just came to warn you on what kind of woman your wife actually is-" He paused when Ariven looked at him coldly.

"Hmmmm. Now that I think about it, my wife has been acting differently since she went to met you." He said, rising from his chair. Zayan tried to stand his ground as took in his towering figure.

"If you fucking as much as think about doing anything to her, you're going to regret it!

"Your wife is a player! She only knows how to make fake promises and break men's heart. She used to tell me she loved me but as soon as her father brought your marriage proposal to her, she left me! Just like that. You think she loves you but she only loves herself! Even after your wedding, she continued meeting me, giving me false hope, telling me that she'd leave you and then we'd get back together but she betrayed me again. I don't want someone as manipulative as her to keep doing things like that and still get away with it! I don't want another man to suffer the same way I did. She will only break your heart in the end." He said and glanced around nervously when he realised Ariven probably wasn't buying it.