Discovering perfidy

Clomestiana turned and was shocked to see Minela at the door.

"You're both despicable! "Minela shouted, "I can't believe I trusted you!" The statement was directed to Ariven. She almost fainted out of shock. She was not expecting this. She sat on the floor, putting her head on her knees as she weeped. So her suspicions were right? They were having an affair behind her back!

"Did you see Minela? I told you your husband is not to be trusted. He doesn't deserve you-"

"Minela, it's not what it looks like. She's the one throwing herself at me! This is what I have been trying to tell you- "

"You shut up okay, stay away from my sister. Minela, I was telling you that Ariven is a cheater. He is only using you. I knew this from the start!"

"Minela, don't listen to her. What kind of sister would try to seduce her brother in law every time she gets?"

"I didn't seduce him he's the one begging me to have sex with him! What kind of husband would-"

Clomestiana and Ariven continued to harangue about each other's flaws until Minela shouted.

" SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU !" Minela was so angry that she started to shake.

"You're so selfish. I'm done with both of you. If you wanted each other that much you could've told me. I'd gladly accept a divorce but you played me!" Minela's tears momentarily halted. She felt completely numb. Her and Ariven were just starting to work things out. She actually believed him when he said he wanted to make things better.

"Minela, please believe me I don't want her, I want you. I meant it when I said I wanted things to go well between us."

"That's why you never touched my sister? " Clomestiana interrupted.

"You shut up that's none of your business!"

"Anything concerning my sister is my business. Minela why are you stuck with a man like him, a man who has never touched his wife? Please leave him Minela, you have had enough sacrifice because of him!"

The arguments started again and Minela had to shout again, for them to stop but she instead said,

"Ariven, I'm leaving you that's it!" Ariven held her hand.

"Give me a chance to explain first!" He pleaded.

"You're despicable. I fucking hate you." She felt the urge to vomit upon looking at both of their faces. Both of them were disgusting.

"Please Minela listen to me, I didn't cheat! I did this because I knew she was behind that letter. She's the only one with a clear motive. Every time you were not around, she tried to get close to me. I didn't pay that much attention to her flirting at first because I just thought she was messing around.
However when we got to know about the letter, I instantly suspected her. The moment I flirted back she was instantly begging me for sex! This means that she never wanted us married because she wanted me! You surely noticed how she used to flirt with me, Minela didn't you?"

Minela was dumbfounded. She did notice how she used to flirt with Ariven. Ariven never flirted back.

"So you didn't kiss her willingly? " she asked, looking at Ariven with big dewy eyes. Obviously she wouldn't believe whatever he had to say but she went along to see what kind of sick excuse her husband would try to come up with this time.

"I didn't kiss her! She forcibly pushed herself into me. Besides, if I didn't want to be with you, why would I lie? You of all people should know that I'm not the type to do something behind someone's back! If I wanted her, I wouldn't have hidden it from you! You know I wouldn't have hidden this from you. I never have."