News and more

"What? But Minela didn't inform me anything. "

"Oh, I'm really sorry Sir. I thought you knew. It was not my place to tell you about it. I'm really sorry."

"No, it's fine." He muttered before hanging. A burst of joy suddenly consuming him but left as soon as it came. Why hadn't she inform him? Since when did she know about it? Should he tell her he knows about it?

Ariven quickly went to the balcony, knowing that she should be watering her plants as usual right now. How does he approach the subject? Deep inside he was so happy yet he felt a bit anxious. He hugged her from behind, making her gasp and throw the water at him, wetting him completely.

"Ariven! You scared me!" He didn't seem fazed by the water as he stood up like a statue.

"Go change, you'll fall ill !" When he didn't respond, she grabbed his hand and directed him inside their room.

"You need help changing?" She asked mischievously. He shook his head as he began unbuttoning his shirt.

"Ariven, is something wrong?"

"You tell me. Are you hiding anything from me?" Minela panicked. She wasn't technically hiding anything but the tone in which he asked made her nervous.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you hide your pregnancy from me?"

"I was about to tell you the other day but you just left me without saying anything remember? "

"You could've told me afterwards. "

"I didn't feel like it."

"You're not happy?" He asked nervously.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be? That's what we wanted right?"

"Yes." He nodded, almost crying, "You have no idea how happy I am right now. Oh gosh, I thought you didn't tell me coz you were not happy about it." He said, smiling, a tear slipped down his left eye. Without warning, he lifted Minela and started dancing like crazy, going round in circles.

"Ariven! Okay! I'm happy too! Stop now!" She said excitedly, closing her eyes as she held him tightly.

"I love you so much! Like you have no idea how happy I am right now!" He said, finally halting his steps.  Seeing him so happy made her heart warm.

"Would you release me now!" She asked, jokingly.

"We should hold a feast for that and inform everyone. Mom will be so happy."

"I think we should just confirm it with my gynaecologist first. I mean it was just a home pregnancy test. It could be wrong. In fact, I even sent my sample there, she should call any moment now."

"Well, she already did. She called me. That's how I knew."

"Why would she call you?"

"She said your phone was off." He gave her a pointed look.

"Oh..."

"Why don't you employ someone to look after your phone? That way you'll never have to worry about low battery ever again." He drawled sarcastically.

"I was going to charge it!"

"You  need to act more responsible. Remember if you're in danger then it's not just a matter of your life that is concerned but our child as well." He said seriously.

"Nothing is going to happen, you're so paranoid! "

"It's not paranoia when it's actually a possibility. "