Akhimbem

AUTHOR 'S NOTE :
All the characters, religion and festivals in this book are fictional. They do not represent any dead or living examples of any specific person or religion.

Minela was helping (or most precisely forced to help) Koshi decorate the hall for the first day of Akhimbem (a famous fictional festival in their fictional country). This festival was celebrated in the honour of Akhim(The fictional god of their fictional religion). This well known festival was held on the 21st and 22nd of October, each year.

On the first day, they had to get rid of all the colours in their life. People would only be seen wearing either black or white. The house would be painted white and the interior would be decorated with only black or white. Any coloured materials would be put aside in some kind of store or locked room. People would eat only white or black food and drink colourless or white or black drinks only.

Then on the next day, they would bring colours to their life; they would paint their house in colours and wear colourful clothes etc. .. This was supposingly done to make people aware of the importance of colours in their lives. Each year, the big families like the Watson and the Gillions celebrate the 3nd part of this festival extravagantly. They would join and host great parties, inviting the whole city to celebrate. The celebration was usually held at Minela's parent home and this year would be no different.

"To the right! Move it to the right! Not that way! Lower!" Minela rolled her eyes. She was so annoyed at being ordered around by Koshi.

"Do it yourself instead of ordering me around!" Minela stated exasperatly.

"I'd do it but I don't want to climb that stool! Besides I'm tired okay? I helped Munki, Dunan and Ponk to paint the walls!"

"Who?"

"The painters! You don't even know the name of your painters?"

Minela scowled, "why do I need to know their names?"

"Of course you do. Don't tell me you're the kind of person who believes that people of the lower class do not deserve to he acknowledged!" Koshi was a bit surprised at the tone Minela was using.

Ariven entered the room suddenly startling Minela, causing her to stumble on the stool she was standing. Minela saw Ariven reach to grab her but was shocked when she actually felt the impact of her ass hitting the floor. She gasp when she looked up to see that Ariven was in fact reaching for his mobile phone which was placed on the small console.

She saw Ariven show the faintest sign of a smile when he tried to cover it with a cough.

"Oh my god Ariven, you're such a jerk sometimes!" Koshi said, miserably failing to maintain a serious face.

"Want a help Minela?" She asked, laughing openly now.

Minela glared at her and stood up by herself, muttering incoherent words under her breath. She held her waist and closed her eyes because of the sudden pain.

"Gosh, poised one, are you okay?"This time she was serious, seeing that she was in pain. She looked at Ariven.

"What are you waiting for? Take her to your room!"

He hesitated and then lifted Minela like a bride, like the way he was supposed to take her to their room on their first wedding night, and took her to their room.

"Put me down. I'm fine!" Minela said when she felt his breath on her temple. Her heart was hammering inside. Minela expected him to suddenly drop her on the bed like he did the first time he lifted her to their room but he gently placed her on the bed. His eyes showed a modicum of consern, before they went cold again.