Discovering perfidy 4

The meeting had ended and Ariven suggested Minela stayed in his office much longer so that she could get an idea how things worked at his office.

As soon as she entered, she had noticed the difference; when they entered , everyone greeted Ariven with respect, some even acknowledging Minela while others ignored her. Minela was surprised at how arranged everything was at his office. Everybody knew what to do; there was no place for zany people. Everything had a specific time. The atmosphere was not tensed. It was relaxing. If they had time to be serious in their work, they also had time to relax and joke around. Ariven was not as strict as Minela. Minela's employees feared her but Ariven's employees respected him. Minela noticed how the office took great care to make sure everyone was comfortable and working in a suitable environment. It was an office for Millennials. Everyone looked appealing except some girls who kept speaking with Ariven in a flirtatious way. Minela found them irksome, especially, their high pitched voices and their giggles. There was one girl in particular, Aerial was her name. Even her clothes didn't meet the dress codes of her office.

"Don't you have dress codes for your office Ariven? How can you allow people wandering around here, wearing informal garments? " Minela asked Ariven.

"Every employee in my office follow the dress codes, Minela."

"What about the girl with pink hair? "

"She's not an employee. "

"Who is she?"

"She...hmm...she's a customer. "

"Why do I feel like I've seen her before?"

"Well because-" there was a knock at the door.

Clomestiana entered.

"Clo!" Ariven and Minela exclaimed simultaneously.  Minela was surprised to see her. She had told Minela that she was moving just because she had found the perfect job. All these days, she had thought that Clomestiana was in Noogilia, one of the biggest cities of their country.

"Minela, you're here..." Clomestiana seemed surprised as well.

"What are you doing here?" Ariven asked her.

"I'm an employee in your office. "

Ariven immediately took his laptop and began typing.

"I see....you're going to work as receptionist..."

"Hmmm yes....hmmm... that, but the manager told me I'm going to replace your PA who went on maternity leave."

"Wait...when did Clo start working at your office, how am I not aware of it? Why don't you work at my place instead? " Minela asked, making Clomestiana roll her eyes.

"Oh, come on, why would I work somewhere where you are the boss?"

"What do I make out of this, Ariven? " She was hurt about the fact that her husband hadn't informed her that her sister was working at his office.  Without saying anything more, she left, banging the door dramatically and rushed to the washroom.

"You really like messing with me, don't you? Why did you apply in this company? " Ariven glared at her. And who the fuck gave her a job here! He thought angrily.

"Chill, I'm not so fond of working under you. I applied for a job at Jigson Co. Ltd, I didn't know this company was a branch of Watson and Sons Co. Ltd. Now, since your stupid secretary had to get pregnant so I was shifted here."

Ariven looked at her and tried to read her mind. Ariven made a call and then he approached her.

"Look, I didn't tell your sister yet about your deeds if you want to keep it that way, don't try to do anything or the consequences won't be as mediocre as you might think."