Younee

Minela blinked. Yes she once threw ice cream on an old lady because of a dare. She had not expected the lady to get angry and start cursing her and her friends in front of everyone in that extravagant restaurant. She had not expected to meet the old lady again. She had not expected the old lady to be her grand mother-in-law. She had not expected her grand-mother-in-law to remember that! Just when her mom had told her to try impressing the grandmother!

"Umm, l have never- l don't remember throwing anything on anyone!" She adverted her gaze, hoping that Younee would let it slip. Could her life get any worse?

"Oh, no no! I remember you, pretty girl. You're the one. Don't act dumb with me." She adjusted her chic glasses. When she approached her, she realised just how young she looked for a grandmother. Had they not told her that she was Nipine's mother-in-law, she would never have guessed since they both looked at the same age, which was pretty strange in Minela's point of view.
Plastic surgery? She thought.

"You-you must have mistaken-" Minela didn't know what to do. Why was the old lady making an isssue out of that? It was just ice cream she had thrown on her, not acid.

"Come on Younee, you don't expect Minela to remember that! After all it was ice cream she had thrown o you, not acid!" Mrs. Watson responded.

Minela was wide eyed. Gosh! Can she read minds?

"You just shut up Nipine! Why do you always have a problem with me?" Younee sneered.

"I have no problem with you! You're the one who's irritating my daughter-in-law! You always seem to have a problem with everything!" Nipine was now red and so was Younee as they glared at each other.

Then it started again. Mrs. Watson and Younee's disagreements are not unusual to the Watsons. They always had a problem with each other. It would be a miracle seeing both of them together, without fighting. This is why most of the time, she was not invited at family gatherings although the other members of the family had a pretty good relationship with her and Ariven had the best relationship with her.

"You! Bucket of poison, sea of bacteria, sack of tantrum, don't you understand the actual problem is with you, not your daughter-in-law! God what did l do to deserve a daughter-in-law like you? " The grandma did abuse people using strange vocabularies however Nipine was not less.

" Who did you call bucket of poison you boneless lady, even the universe is too small to disperse the ammount of venom in you! Stingy rabbit, are you aware of the colossal amount of bacteria residing inside you?"

"Silence! You two will not be fighting in my house!" It was Mr. Watson. Nipine was about to protest but didn't on looking the stern look on her husband's face. Younee looked at Nipine as if smiling in victory. Even though they both fought a lot, Mr. Watson was sure that deep down, they liked each other and never minded them but today, he didn't want them to make a bad impression in front of Minela.

Minela was sitting silently. She found them hilarious and was wondering whether Younee would fight with her like that once she was married. She would never have as much courage as Nipine to answer her back. She was thankful that at least she wouldn't have to share the house with her.

She was not accustomed to listening to 'fights'. Her family consisted of only her, her mom, dad and sister. There was no noise in her house. It was always serene except for the occasional bursts of her sister but her sister almost didn't stay at home and her dad often went on business trips so she was fine with just her mom and herself.

"Don't worry Minela, these two are always like that but deep inside, we know that they love each other." Dimini said on seeing the conflicted expression on Minela's face.