Pretty little arguments

Minela groaned as she felt a stinging pain in her head. She groaned. Ariven smile as he brought her breakfast.

"My head hurts! Why did you let me drink so much?" She couldn't remember a thing after she was drunk. She just vague remembered the press, the restaurant, their race and them gatecrashing a party. She didn't remember anything that happened afterwards.

"Oh, trust me, I stopped you, you weren't listening. Guess I'll never let you drink again. Here, have this, the pain will subside. " She quietly drank the thing Ariven handed her and started eating quickly.

"I have a meeting today! Oh my gosh, Ariven. I'm getting late!" She said, quickly getting up and when she felt a sudden sting in her head she sat down immediately.

"Minela, you can barely work, maybe you should not go to work today."

"No, Ariven. I can't. I have been skipping work way too much this month. Remember when your mom called us and when ..." she paused blushing, "When...I could barely walk because of you! I cannot skip today as well. Besides, I have a meeting with the Stockings."

"Interesting. I'm coming with you." Ariven stated.

"You are? Don't you have work?"

"Dramek will handle it. I need to see that famous son of a b-" He stopped when Minela narrowed her eyes at him.

"Again, the meeting is with his father, a happily married old man who's got a son and two daughters. I wonder why you dislike them so much." She pursed her lips, looking at him and wondering.

"Yeah? Last time I came he was not that old!"

"That was his son! I told you a thousand times but if you want to come, you may of course! "

When Ariven entered the driver's seat, she looked at him, confused.

"Where's the driver?"

"He asked for a leave today-"

"He didn't come yesterday as well! Why did you give him another day off!"

"Let him live his life, Minela. It's not as if we cannot drive. "

"Yes, but what's the point in having drivers then? That's a waste of money-"

"Oh come on, Minela. You're such a miser sometimes. The driver has to live his life as well. Isn't it such a benevolent act to provide for those who can't afford it. What is not much for us is enough for someone else's survival. "

"No, giving money someone money for no reason is like feeding lazy parasites of the society. They should know that nothing come easy in life!"

"Says the one who got everything easily in life." Ariven muttered sarcastically.

"Excuse me? Being born rich is not my fault!"

"And being born poor is not their fault either." He bit back.

He didn't know why this subject was so sensitive to him. All his life, if there was one thing he was proud of it was the fact that his success was the fruit of his and only his hardwork. No one could say he didn't deserve success but Minela's family was what many would describe as rich snobs, proud of their inheritance. Yes her parents were good people, only among the rich. For them, the poor were insignificant. He discovered that when they once attended a charity event and Minela's step mom scrunched her nose as soon as she entered that building, saying, "Ah, I smell poor. I can't handle this."

These people liked to pretend that they were successful because they deserved it but they got it only because of their family.

"You think I'm a spoilt brat, don't you?"