Three years later

It had been three years since she got married.Not once during these years did Ariven look at her in the eyes..forget talk...forget touch.
She spent sleepless nights lamenting in her own misery. Her life was ruined. She was a woman who had desires too. When her "friends" would talk about their private erotic stories, she would just get away from there, or try to change the subject, feeling pity for herself.

She could not say that Ariven was leading the same, passionless life. She could hear moans and whimpers every night fron his bed. She was envious but she never tried to object anything. Afterall, hadn't Ariven already warned her about everything before their marriage? It was not like she had no idea her life was going to end up like that. Ariven, in fact  even told her that he didn't mind her having sex with other men. Minela was far too shy and introverted to even try that. Besides her friend Bosotch  she never even dared to speak to other men, forget trying to bring one home. She also cared way too much about her reputation to try to do something like that.

The wedding turned her even more stoic than ever before. She almost became unreadable. Nobody in her family was able to guess that something was wrong between them. In fact, everyone envied their "blissful " marriage. She kept smiling, hiding  her pain  from everyone else. She tried to concentrate on other things like business, her niece and nephews and her plants, of course. Their residence was full of plants and shrubs of all kinds. Ariven let her do whatever she wanted with the house, he didn't care. Ariven and Minela didn't work in the same office. Minela worked in her father's (her father had recently appointed her as CEO) and Ariven in his own office. Thus, staying at work was the best way to avoid each other.

In fact, Ariven was barely even home and when he was home, Minela wasn't.  They both tried to spend as much time in their office as possible.

For Minela, it was just office and then home but for Ariven, office involved, having sex with some of his employees, going to pubs and bars with his friends and overall having "fun." He didn't even considered himself to be married.

He occasionally went to visit his parents and sometimes Minela would come along, much to his displeasure but he didn't want his parents to suspect anything so he didn't complain when she came.

Being unable to find happiness at home, Minela tried to get it at work. She was just as passionate about work as she was with her plants. Since she started working at her father's office, their has been sales rocketing and so was their profit, making Mr. Gillion extremely proud of her daughter.

Minela was usually polite, sweet and shy around almost everyone. At work, it was the opposite. She was the most rigid boss anyone could've hoped for and most of her employees hated her.

Minela was walking to her office when she saw a young couple, making out in the corner. She cleared her throat as she approached them. They both jumped apart, the girl turning red and the guy just looked bashful. They were both scared out of their wits.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. We were just-" the girl tried to explain. Minela didn't bother to look at them as she said, seriously.

"In.my.office.now!" Her voice was not loud but her tone was enough to make them both curl their shoulders inwards as they looked at each other fearfully.

When they were both seated in front of her desk, not daring to mutter a word. Without saying a word, she tossed them their resignation letters, making all the colour drain from their face.

"What is that for? We were just kissing!" The man raised his voice a little.

"I'm the boss, I don't think I have to explain anything to you. Now get out!"

"Well, we could file a case against you! You are removing us for no reason!" He added, making Minela smirk.

"Oh, will you? Why don't you try and see what happens to you. You are both wasting your time in my office instead of working and you dare ask me what's wrong? The Gillions and Watons Co. Ltd. has a reputation of sustainable and productive work tactics, I don't want respectable businessmen to walk into this building only to be greeted by the disgusting sight of you two shoving your tongue down each other's throats! If you have to do these things, do it a hundred miles away from this building." She paused as she narrowed her eyes at the man, "and you, aren't you married?" She spat venomously.

"Well, that's none of your business! " He  thought but not daring to say it loud to her.

"Please ma'am, don't be so cruel, I have a sick mother to look after, I really need this job-" Minela gracefully ignored her pleads as she handed them their resignation form, ordering them out of her office. She sat on her chair, for a while, contemplating about her life. Was all men like this?

   At home, Minela was just like a walking corpse in the house, Ariven was like a withered plant. They seldom sat on the same table for dinner, where none will look at each other, sitting silently with the clattering of spoons and forks as the only source of sound.

Minela felt bored, staying at home with no one to talk but the servants. Most of them were grumpy, with such a repulsive vibe that Minela would never dare to talk to them. Gagoisse, a woman in her mid forties was the only one she would talk with. She was friendly enough for Minela to confess to her about the pathetic and sorrowful married life. Gagoisse was shocked and tried to cajole her into divorce. However Minela cared too much about their family to do that.

The only time Ariven would as much as talk to her was when he had to inform her that there was some social or family function to attend. In front of the media they were tagged as the sweetest and most adored couple. If only they knew. Minela would think venimously.

She'd curse the almighty every day for her melancholic life. Little did she know that the reason her life was so miserable was not only Ariven but someone else...someone she trusted blindly...there was a reason why the ruthless Ariven she wedded was not the same as the one she had blindly fallen in love at the first sight. She wasn't also aware that their mournful married life was about to change into something else....better or worse.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Did you know that, if you touch that little white star at the bottom of the screen, it turns orange! Amazing right? Touch it you'll see!