Meeting the Watsons

Minela struggled as she tried to fit the tight lace dress that her stepmom had chosen for her. She sighed as she continued to struggle while wondering why was she even doing all these? Did her future husband even deserve all the efforts she was making? At this point, she knew that her parents had great hope for their wedding and cancelling it might prove to be challenging since a lot of emotional and economic challenges were connected to their wedding.

"Minela, what's taking so long? Your hairstylist is here." She knocked before coming in and her face changed when she saw her daughter. Tears threatened to come out of her eyes as she admired her beautiful daughter.

"Awe baby, Ariven won't be able to take his eyes off you today, you'll definitely impress your in laws with this look." She said as she helped her daughter to tie her dress.

"Mom, I'm seriously not comfortable-"

"Shut up, your hairstylist is here, you have only a few minutes left. You don't want to be late."

Minela just decided to stay quiet. She wasn't the type to argue with her parents, unlike Clomestiana.

Clomestiana entered her sister's room, without knocking and was surprised to see her mother hugging her sister. She had just come from her usual daily swimming session.

"Ahem. Could you spare some of your love for me as well or are hou gonna waste it all on Minela?" She asked jokingly. She could sense the tension in the air and definitely knew its reason. Jeeneah left the room, with a small smile, letting the two sisters alone.

"So, what with the dull face, sexy?" Minela looked at her sister, perplexed.

"I'm making no dull face! Why are you roaming around the house, half naked... and wet?" Clomestiana rolled her pale azure blue eyes and pulled her sister close to her wet body. She hugged her tightly and burst  into fits of laughter.

"Lemme go, Clo!" Minela shouted, aghast. She hated when Clomestiana did that.

"So, I was thinking about shopping. Why don't we-?"

"I have to meet the Watsons today, sorry." Minela was thinking about talking to Ariven about the letter. Why was he marrying her if he didn't want to? She thought angrily.

"Are you still meeting them?" Clomestiana asked in a shocking tone.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Did you carefully read the letter Ariven wrote to you?"

"I did, why?"

"What did he write?" Clo asked a bit too eagerly.

"It's none of your business." Minela replied a bit too harshly and regreted it as soon as she said the words. Clo seemed offended.

"I was just curious. So, is everything- I mean between you and Ariven. Not Ariven, I mean is everything fine, are...are you ...the wedding is still taking place?" She asked cautiously.

"What makes you think that something is wrong? Anyways I have to get ready now. I have less than half an hour to get ready! Get out!"  Minela started panicking. Yes, punctuality was a great issue in both the Watson and the Gillion family.

Minela cascaded down the stairs 15 minutes later after the hairstylist had done her hair. She looked stunning.

"How do I look?" Minela asked her sister who was eating maize pudding in front of  the television.

"Oh my gosh! You look horrible! You want to scare the Watsons away or what?" Her eyes were wide opened.

"Stop teasing your sister Clo. Don't listen to your sister sweetheart. You look pretty."