Chapter 12: Tell Me

Slowly opening my eyes, I looked down to my waist to see Dwayne's arms on it.

Oh no not again! Why is he snuggling himself on me now and not in the sleeping bag? I mean, I know, that it was tight, but it doesn't makes sense! If he snuggles himself onto something when he sleeps, than it would've happen in the sleeping bag too, or not? It's not like, we sleep really close in this bed. We have a huge gap between us and our backs are facing each other. But this guy dares to come over my place goddammit! He's ruining my precious sleep!
                                                                                                                                                                                                      I tried to take his arms off from me. AND THAT, was a big failure! His grip was getting more firmer.
The next morning I surprisingly woke up rested. That moment, when you wake up before your alarm clock rings? And YES, I have a alarm clock, even here in Palawan! A human alarm clock! (or should I say two?) Hans is the one, you accidentely had put too loud while Dwayne...., Dwayne is the one you get angry of when you hear it. Since, I woke up early, I have enough time to prepare, peacefully! I should get up and finish my work.
I have to wash this dress to get it clean again. Thinking about it, I forgot to say, that I woke up before Dwayne. That's the first time! Normally, he would be awake a long time ago and would look down on me expressionless or would just vanish into somewhere.
Slowly, I tried to take his arm off from me again. While doing this, what do you think happened? Yeah, I woke him up. I turned around and looked up on him. He blinked a few times before he understood the situation. Did his eyes just got a millimeter bigger? Oh hell yes, they did! Surprise, surprise!

"Good morning you clingy snake" I said while smiling brightly at him

Silence.

"If you want to hug me, just ask me, I won't bite you. And I totally mean a HUG not a full body coverage of your body on mine" I said while getting up.

Silence..., nothing new. An hour later, everyone gathered at the campfire for breakfast. While I was hanging the white dress in front of the hut, I ignored Dwayne's presence and walked off. Why is it so intimidating when he watches me? Gosh, that should stop, immediately! A couple of minutes later, I arrived at the Campfire and waited for the breakfast to be ready and for Hans too. Minutes passed by and I started to get a bit uneasy of Hans not being here.

'Let's wait a bit longer' A few more minutes passed and Hans was still nowhere to be seen.
"Breakfast is ready, why is he still not here?" I asked myself. This is unusual! This is definitely not normal! Since Hans didn't showed up, I decided to wake him up. I have to! He would definitely blame me, if he doesn't get his food on time. Standing up, I walked through the crowd, down to Hans's hut. While doing so, I saw people watching me silently. No, only the men were watching me. They were whispering something I couldn't hear clearly, but I ignored it and walked further. I'm not going to feel intimidated by them, disgusting! Can't you guys just look somewhere else?! Walking a few steps faster, I reached at Hans's door and I knocked a few times.

No response.

Where could he be? There is nothing more important than food in his life. Is he maybe at our hut to wake me up? I should go and check that out. In front of our hut, I heard noises coming out from the inside. I couldn't hear out who they were or what they said completely, but I definitely heard Dwayne saying 'don't dare' and 'is mine'. To hear more of the conversation, I decided to bent down a little bit more to the door. Bad idea! Suddenly, the door shut widely open, revealing a pissed Hans and a expressionless Dwayne.