Chapter 55: The Mask Fell

________________________

On a rainy day, the clouds became more thicker and darker than usual. The ground had no opportunity to receive a tiny bit of light, nor did the streetlights turned on.
Everyone hided themselves and stayed in their shelves. Even all of the flowers bent their blossoms down to keep their beauty, but only one flower didn't.

Everytime he gets the opportunity to take his mask down, he takes it. When everyone looks away, he starts to glow up and be himself again. This goes just as long as it was dark enough and he was not being watched.

The mask itself always had been a burden to him, too heavy to carry alone but yet at the same time way too heavy for others to carry it along with him.

He had no other choice than carrying it all alone. And that, was what he was thinking of all. the. time. Since he changed his personality for more than half a decade now, he himself wasn't sure enough who he exactly was. Everytime he listened to himself, he searched for a answer, but every answer he got was murderer.

Holding his head high and letting the raindrops fell on his open self, that flower didn't noticed that someone started to come more closer and closer to him. At that moment he stood there helplessly just looking to that specific person. His bare self looked ugly and disgusting, he knows that, he clearly knows it, so he just stood there trying not to get noticed.

Somehow, the girl looked down to him, not looking somewhere else. It was like she insisted on watching him, which she did the other times as well. Normally, people pick up a flower that they like. That's what happened to the all of his surroundings, there's always someone who picked a flower they liked, always!

There's an old saying saying: 'every Jack has his Jill.'
Yet, this saying worked for everyone else, but not for him. He wasn't even being honest to his self personality. So it was even harder for him to find a match. It was not like he didn't wanted it, to be honest he wanted it more than anyone else! But deep inside he knew that things would not work out the way he wished and dreamed of everyday.

He knew, a day would come where he has to face reality... but not today, not now!
Especially not in front of her...

________________________

Raindrops poured more and more, the room which once had a warm and light atmosphere started to get heavier and heavier. The more I stood there silently watching him, the more it felt like someone punched me into my heart and stomach. And that, even without him saying anything to me at all!

"I just asked you something!"

Silence.

Again he just stood there watching me. The next thing happened, didn't stopped me in digging more deep into the conversation. So I needed to do something instead of standing still and silently waiting for the time to pass.

Dwayne walked a few steps back to the chair and seated himself on it, his eyes to the ground.

The more steps I walked to him, felt again like someone punched me badly. But this time the punches got more harder and harsher the more I came closer to him. But why?
What is this feeling?, what is he carrying with him that I already feel like I'm dying? It couldn't be that bad, it shouldn't be... right?