Chapter 35: Work It!

Blast everything and anything that has to do with mornings! Especially the morning service from this Hotel! Do they really needed to call me this early in the morning? JUST TO WAKE ME UP?!
God dammit, who comes up with the idea to do a morning service with calling all of the hotelguests at 6am IN THE MORNING JUST TO WAKE THEM UP?! And why in all of the stones names do I sound like Hans right now?

"Breakfast will be ready in an hour miss"

"What's on the menu?"

"All you can eat. Do you have any further questions, miss?"

"No. Thank you" there we go...

"You're Welcome" She said friendly and hang up.

Last night I couldn't sleep well and today I woke up with a strong headache. Currently I am freshening up in the bathroom and try to get my life together. And I'm totally not in the mood to leave this hotel room with my current mindset of screaming to anyone and everyone who could piss me off right now...

"And now the socks-"I said half out of breath and half awake. Benting down has been quite a hard task lately too! Is this what it feels like to get old? Looking into the mirror, I was happy to see that I actually gained a bit of weight, after my weight loss because of Palawan. The media always speaks of the perfect confidence when being skinny, when in reality you feel like shit and have zero energy at all. Let alone feel more uncomfortable in your own skin than others would think of it.

Knock Knock Knock-

-And this morning only could go bad.
Opening the door, one of the hotel maids smiled brightly at me and handed me a piece of paper and a little box. Before I could've ask her a question, she turned around and walked down the corridor.

Without overthinking anything, I closed the door, left the box on the bed and opened the note:

*********************************

Be ready at 7pm. Christine
will be by your side till then.
Call me immediately if something
Happens.
-Dwayne

********************************

Calling you?! Does this guy forgot, that I DON'T own a phone?! Gosh, do I have to tell everything twice for everyone to understand?! Looking down to the box that I left on the bed, I remembered his words from yesterday...

"I'm here, I'm here if you want me to be by your side"

GO.OUT.OF.MY.HEAD!

'Call me immediately if something happens.'

Those words... they're just a few syllables being put together, yet... My heart feels extremely warmed up and somehow I felt a lot more at ease. Does that means I could call him whenever I want?! 'Are you loosing controll of your own dumb mind?!'

What do you mean? YOU are my mind! If you have problems with yourself go and solve your own problems! What's wrong with calling him? And at that moment, I remembered, that I don't even have his phone number... I was about to pick up the little box, when suddenly someone knocked on the door.

Knock Knock Knock

Opening the door, a old lady smiled brightly at me. She was wearing a neat green dress and was holding a huge suitcase on her left hand.

"Good Morning, I'm Christine" She said.

"G-Good morning" I said a bit taken aback. I immediately stepped a few steps back to make enough space for her to come in. I didn't said anything at first and only looked at Christine leaving her suitcase next to my bed.