Chapter 38: Blooming Garden

In a garden full of flowers, A little boy was wearing a mask. Unlike others, he was hiding a dark secret. He was a flower that can't be bloomed, even if everything was okay. Hiding his real personality would hide the darkness behind him. No one should ever know that side of him. His real personality would hurt everyone and bring pity within, which he never wanted. The monster, that he was carrying with him everyday and night, ate him piece by piece until he was left with a cold hard personality. It was merciless in every way. A flower, that no one would ever pick up with their own choice. He had to wear a mask and hide himself behind it. There was no other way around. Because it was not him, he saw in the mirror. It was the dark monster which already had the full control over him.

From that day on, he changed into someone, no one knew he would be. It was not in his nature to be like that. But... at that time, when that happened, everyone was busy helping themselves and no one seemed to notice the sudden change in his personality.

"I promise to not be a burden to anyone... ever!"

__________________________

"You tell me something about you. In exchange, I do the same"

"I love everything that comes out of the oven!" I immediately said.

"You start off with food?"

"Yes, why not? I mean food brings everyone together. When there's food, there's everyone at one place. There's no better time than food-time" I pointed out with my little pinky finger up.

Silence.

"Even the first thing that you gave me was food. The first day we met in the bus. I followed you all the way to the beach, begging for something to eat or drink... up on the hill you gave me a piece of bread" I looked up at Dwayne who was silently watching the nightsky. Suddenly, a teeny tiny smile crept up  on his face and my heart immediately began to warm up. He was actually smiling at the thought of him giving me bread.

"You were really something that day... I don't know what had happened, if I hadn't gave you anything to eat." he said chuckling. No guys this is not a dream. HE WAS REALLY SMILING AND CHUCKLING!!! HE SHOULD STOP IT RIGHT AWAY, THIS IS- "-so attractive and heart melting at the same time?" Yes, it is!... Hold on, did he really made fun out of me?! Immediately pinching him, I expected to see a reaction from him. But what do you think happened? NOTHING! 

He didn't even blinked goddammit! A simple 'Ouch' would have done it too!
"You'r turn" I pointed out, pissed.

"Even though I'm silent all the time, I really enjoy your company"

"Do you have a fever?" I immediately asked and checked up his forehead and his cheeks. Judging by the look he gave me, he was really about to end my life immediately, for not taking him serious."Oh so- uhm, I think I just heard something right there-" I said, turning my head to the opposite site, hiding the redness in my cheeks, which was showing it's best side today. A few seconds later, I looked back to him and saw him looking back to the pond. Following his gaze, a little duck took my attention. Maybe not just mine... ours. The duck was swimming all alone in the pond, looking at his surroundings. He told me to say something about myself, in exchange he tells me something about himself... but how do I actually start it properly? I mean, I've already talked about food, but what should I say next? This is harder than it seems!

I was silent for longer, than I actually wanted to. I always wanted to know more about him, since I didn't knew much about him. But...why do I feel now, there's no need for that anymore? I've been spending a lot of time with him without talking properly together. We don't needed to. Don't get me wrong, I've learned to trust my feelings and my senses. Just looking into his eyes helped me to know, what bothered him. I just had to concentrate my whole self into him. I looked up to him, he looked back at me. Silently gazing into our eyes, I breaked the silence and looked back to the lonely duck in the pond.

"Sometimes, I feel like that little duck right there" I trailed off, looking back to the duck. "Swimming through the life all alone... in a life full of happenings. Having no controll to stop anything or helping myself to get over it. In a pond full of unanswered questions. Just swimming through it, till I reached the end. I know, I don't carry the best motivation with me, but somehow it was the best to just endure everything till the end."

Silence.

"If you're the one that's swimming through it..., I'm the one who drowned a long time ago"

Completely silence.

Sadness engulfed me and suddenly, I didn't know what I had to say next. I knew there's a reason for him to be this cold and silent. But I never knew, that he was feeling this way, all. the. time. Slowly I placed my hand on his and held it tightly. Right now this is the only thing I can do to him. I placed his hand on my lap and held it softly for a long time.

.....................

Hours passed by and hiding my tiredness wasn't easy anymore and my tiredness wasn't unnoticed. Dwayne looked at me and then stood up.

"We should go back home"

I don't know what came upon him, but the look Dwayne gave me, was like looking into a little boys eyes, who lost his mother in a amusement park.

_________________________

Like everyday, people passed through the fully bloomed garden. But today was a different day. A girl stopped mid-way and looked at the masked flower. The flower looked like every other flower. But if you concentrate yourself on it, you're able to see the scars. The deep scars which the little flower was hiding under it's leaves. But this girl didn't concentrated herself on this flower. No... Her actions actually caused a little crack in his mask. The mask, in which the little flower hided his real identity.

Since then, a new chapter between the both of them tarted to began...

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey Lovelies,

I'm happy to say, that I'm back with enough energy to start the new chapters with you guys! I'm so happy to be back and to write again! You don't know how much this means to me! I have gone through a lot of medical problems lately (which I believe would end pretty soon)

I hope you liked this chapter and take care of your health!

Have a lovely day

Hati.