Chapter 54: First Investigatons.

The next morning I woke up alone on my bed with a headache more badly than my monthly periods are in usual. Standing up I picked up myself a bottle and filled it with water. While drinking it, I looked outside and noticed that the sun shined brightly today.

'Not bad, I could be more productive today!'

An hour later, I was finished with cleaning up my home and getting a shower. A sudden ringing tone from a mobile phone took me off guard and made me think if my headache was starting to get into the next level, so that I started to hallucinate things. But that wasn't the fact. After the music stopped ringing. It started back again doing so which let me to actually search for it.

Now the all of you may think why exactly I'm having a phone ringing in my apartment right? I'm questioning that myself too!
It didn't took me long until I found it (it was actually in my pocket from my jacket) and I immediately picked it up without looking who that caller might be.

"Good Morning" A familiar voice said softly and I couldn't hide the urge to say one of the most important 5 words to say to a beloved one when he or she acted differently than usual:

"Do you have a Fever?"

Silence.

And more silence.

"Okay okay I'm taking back my words... How are you?"

"How are you? Do you feel better?"

Why is he turning up that question?!
"I asked you first!"

Silence.

"I'm fine."

Couldn't hiding my smile, I directly continued talking. "We need to talk, when exactly are you free?"

"7pm"

"Then be here at 8pm, see you later then" I hung up and wanted to leave the phone on my desk when suddenly the phone ringed again-

"-You still didn't told me how you're feeling today."

Just in case to mix the situation a little bit up, I hung up again and left for grocery shopping and doing some paperwork. Since Tomorrow I will be back at work, I need a few things to be finished till then.

.............

After I finished all my paperwork and going grocery shopping, I placed my groceries in place and only had to do one thing until Dwayne comes:

Cooking.

Don't get me wrong, I actually can cook pretty good but cooking for someone else, is always the death for me. You ask Why?

Sooo, the thing is that everyone has a different taste in food. For example: you could do the best out of the best cakes in this world and there still will be a lot of people who will don't like it... And that is the problem here!
Aaannd knowing that he comes out of work doesn't give me another chance to just cook something for him...

'Are you beginning to be concerned about his well being?! Did you just dropped your brain somewhere off?!' Stop it Holly! Let me just make my things and let my thoughts for a moment alone. Thinking way to much didn't ended well every time!

An hour later or two, I was finished with chopping and cooking the food. While looking over to the clock, I used the last 15 minutes till 8pm and somehow started to decor the table...

Yes I did decor the table AND I immediately took it off because it doesn't fit to the things that I will ask him today, nor does this fit to the relationship we have!

'Exactly... what are the both of you? Or are the both of you even a thing? And why exactly did he brought back your phone? Did he really kept it for months or did he just bought another one?'