Chapter 36: Adecuate Conversation

5 minutes were left until 7pm. I was glad, we were able to be ready on time and thankful, that Christine done a pretty good job on me. Letting out a satisfying sigh, I smiled at Christine, who smiled happily back at me. Out of nowhere, I started to question her presence... Why is she here? And why am I actually supposed to be dressed fancy? Which I actually didn't followed because those dresses which Christine choosed today, were either too much nudity or not my style at all! And let's not talk about the prizes! And the most important question would be:

What am I expecting to see this night?

A knock on the door took my attention. Looking at Christine, she looked quite surprised at the door being knocked and leaved the make up brushes on the table. She walked past me and opened the door. While she was doing it, I looked back at myself on the mirror. I don't know why exactly that man gave me the dress for free, but still, having nice people in this world made me actually pretty happy. It gives me hope to hold onto. Till today, I never expected to fall in love with a dress at first sight. Especially not into a dress, that reminded me of a gift, that someone kinda important gave it to me.

'Kinda important?'
Bla Bla Bla I'm not hearing anything!
The funny fact is, this dress is a gift too! I know, I just wore these dresses, which Dwayne gave me, only after Dwayne and I had a discussion. It was about me hanging out with Hans way more, than he wanted me to. Which I honestly never understood. The fact that he had something against it, made everything that followed the days after the discussion, a complete disaster between us! Maybe it's because he stole my first kiss... Or maybe because of something else... I don't know it either. Not only did my affection grew up towards him, but I actually started to forget about myself and my plans. Something inside of me still wants to go out and start a new life. Built up my own future and be the strong independent woman, I always wanted to be. But that other voice inside of me wants to stay. Stay here with Hans, Dereck and Dwayne.

"Could you please leave the room" A familiar cold voice said. Turning immediately around, I saw Christine nodding and turning around happily. She took her things and leaved the hotel room silently. The second, the door closed, the atmosphere changed drastically. It became cold, but warm at the same time. I don't know how this man managed it, but I felt like I've been cruising down the streets in a rollercoaster... His cold eyed didn't left my eyes after he examined my frame. It was clear, he wanted to say something, but closed his mouth right after that. Then, he examined my frame slowly, until his eyes landed on the dress, which I was wearing. My hands started to get sweaty and I was getting more and more impatient about his opinion on the dress. 

Again, something deep inside of me wanted him to say something about it- NO! I don't need no opinions on the things I wear! Especially not if they have a meaning to me- '-Yeah, Yeah go and lie to your own mirror-' 

Shut up!
Giving my whole attention back at Dwayne, I noticed something... and I'm pretty sure that I'm not wrong. It was clear, he thought about something. He's not showing it. You can only see it, if you really try your best to read his eyes. If you're examining his expression, nothing changes at all. That's why the most of the people fear him. He's showing his same cold expressionless expression, that he does 24/7 towards everyone and anyone to this world. But-, and this ladies and gentleman, this is a HUGE BUT! I saw something really unimaginable surprising-I don't know whatever and I don't want to take this into a long sentence, oh my Gosh, how do I describe this- Holly, breathe!!!

.
.
.
Okay now I'm back to normal. In that slight millisecond, where he silently remembered something, he smiled. He actually smiled! He remembered the same thing that I did. The dress. 

Does he feel the same about it as me? He immediately went back to his old self and fixed his suit. He looked everywhere except into my direction at that moment. It started to get a bit awkward between us, which didn't haltet for too long.