Chapter 28: Dinner For Two

"Ehm, I think we should go inside now" Drake pointed out.

We were sitting in the car for a couple of minutes longer, than we should. I stopped him from stepping outside. The one who 'followed' us, actually followed us. I was right from the beginning on. Looking back, I made sure, if someone's about to leave the car. He parked a few meters away from us, still not leaving the car. I was getting more and more uncomfortable with every passing minute. I tried to make out who the one, following us could be, but the car has black windows, not giving me the chance to look inside. At first, I had a feeling, it could've be someone I know. But that thought vanished fast. It couldn't be one of those that I know, No,

It's someone from Drake's side!

"Hey Holly, is everything okay?" Drake asked me, touching me by my shoulder. I nodded and immediately stepped out of the car. Being touched by him makes me feel weird... I want to go back home. I have a bad feeling, a really bad feeling about all of this!

We went inside and a wonderful smell of delicious food met my nose. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. The sound of many people talking and the sound of dishes made me feel a bit more at ease. It's the first time, for me being a guest in a restaurant. I mean, I worked as a  employee in a gastronomy, but it definitely feels different to be a guest in a restaurant. I can't explain what exactly it is, but it's like two different worlds in one room!

We went to a table next to a window. Drake behaved like a gentleman and pushed a chair back, giving me the sign to sit there. The table was covered with fancy decorations in white and gold. Even the napkin looked fancy! Looking at Drake, I immediately felt bad. He's a pretty decent guy. Instead of Dwayne, he behaves nice to me and did nothing wrong to me. No, Drake didn't do anything wrong, yet...
I feel uncomfortable next to him.

I was searching for distance, my heart was searching for distance. We've been spending time for about 20 minutes now, but still, It's enough for me to quit this date thing and go back home.

Holly what if  he didn't do anything wrong and you are dramatizing everything?

Dramatizing? Oh good Lord stop thinking bullshit! Well, maybe I'm really dramatizing everything and it's not like what it seems like! But my feelings can't just make these things out. There has to be someone or something...
Suddenly, I remembered what he told me the day I runned away from home:

Throwback:

"Drake why are you a Taxi driver, I thought you were good at School?"

Drake was one of my classmates who wanted to be my partner in every School project we had.I was kinda grateful, that I always didn't had to look for a partner. We never had a real friendship like hanging out or so, not even in the breaks. It was just the School project and our grades which we had to keep up as high as we could, that's it.

"Yeah, after High School I made a lot of dumb things so now, I'm here. What's up with you?"

Throwback ends.

Yes, I was grateful, I didn't had to look for a partner. And I'm still thankful for that till today. I admit,  I wanted to be friends with him. I mean, he was the only one who talked to me (well, only in our school projects) and I felt comfortable next to him back then. But today...
I'm uncomfortable and I don't even want him to bring me back to Dereck's home. And knowing, he did a lot of dumb things makes me feel more uncomfortable than I should be.

A hidden deep voice inside me was asking several questions like, if he's a part of a Mafia. Shaking my head to get that thought off my head, I looked back at Drake. I really should stop watching some crazy movies with Hans and Dereck.