Chapter 48: Work, Work, Work

"Okay, Let's get this done" I mumbled to myself and took the huge bunch of papers lying on Josh's table. I came to work earlier in order to have it more easier to find back my working sense, after not being at work for a long time.

"What are you doing there?!" Josh asked me from behind. Turning around, I saw him holding two cups of hot chocolate, while looking confused at me.

"I thought of working a bit earlier in order to work myself more quickly in" I simply told him and showed him a little smile.

"Oh no no no, take this and leave it for me! Just look that you take enough time to live yourself more in! I don't want to loose you again okay?"

"But you can't just take all the work and pay me the double than you did before!"

Silence. The door opened and Mr. Smith went inside, signalizing me to follow him. Josh next to me ignored his father and immediately sat on the chair, taking a handful of papers.

While following Mr. Smith, my curiosity rises and I gave my best to not pull out a bucket of questions without reaching his office first. All of the workers were working hardly on their work and looked focused on it. I didn't even noticed all of them, the moment  I entered the building. Various of calls and conversations filled this huge working space. My working space was one of the few that was completely separated from the other ones.

"After you" Mr. Smith showed me a hand gesture to get inside first, while he held the door open.

While walking inside, I didn't seated myself to the chair and decided to stand instead. Mr. Smith walked past me and directly went to his desk to pick up a few papers. The papers he picked up, came out to be my resignation papers. Without changing much questions and answers, I took the papers and read through them clearly. As I was told yesterday, my payment was doubled, with the same amount of work hours I was doing before.After signing my agreement, I went back to my working space and took the hot chocolate that Josh had bought me 15 minutes ago.

"Thank you!"

The day passed by as I expected it to be: boring! Especially after Josh didn't gave me any chance to work properly on my first day. It actually amused me, that he worked this hard to show me, how much he really needed me back in order to get Mary out of this room. Later on that day, Josh told me that our pregnant coworker (who was working with Josh and I together in this office), leaved this work behind to fully concentrate on her family and her new living.

"Soo..., see you tomorrow then" I waved my hand as a goodbye and Josh said his goodbye too, while packing his things. Down the hallway, old memory's came back in mind and I couldn't resist hiding my smile. Somehow it actually felt good to be back. Especially knowing that a certain person missed me in order to kick someone out of the room. 

The night sky was yet again not showing it's beauty. The clouds made the streets look more darker than they were and I was walking down the streets, with lanterns over me. While looking down to the street above me, someone (or let me just say some) people took my attention. While trying to convince my bad side to ignore them and just simply walk further, my bad side decided to even walk over there and watch what they were doing.  

"Are you sure you want to do this sir?" A bit of a old man in a black suit talked to a man in front of him. He had grey hair and a bit of facial hair, which somehow really suited to his face shape. 'He looks like someone from a good household'. His posture looked perfect, like someone who did a job of a servant or something like that. Somehow, while looking over to that man, an odd feeling came upon me. It took me a minute until I realized who he was.